29. Kyoto, here we come!

"You got everything packed?" my uncle asks me.

"Yup!" I exclaimed, walking to the stairs. "You-"

"Toothbrush?"

"Mmh-mmh" I say as I turn toward him.

"Toothpaste?"

"Mmh-mmh"

"Hairbrush?"

I nod.

"Shampoo, conditionner, soap?"

"Yes" I say as I nod again.

"Clothes for three days?"

"Mmh-mmh!"

"Favorite pajamas?"

I nod, getting tired of his questions.

"Socks? Socks are really important to keep you warm"

"Yes! Can we go now? I don't want to miss the bus to Kyoto"

"Fine! Let me get my keys"

Well you guessed. It's the day we go to Kyoto. We're October 2nd and I don't know how much I've been waiting for this. But I also have the Spring Interhigh Qualifier in my head that's like in 23 days. Also, I have the play, on December 20th and 21st. It's been a month since I've joined the play with Ena and Irana, because they needed help. I'm rarely going to the volleyball practices of my uncle's team because, well, I only have Friday free so it's hard, but we still have fun with each other. I mean, we're in Homeroom together and we eat together, so we spend the beginning, the middle and the end of the day together, we don't have to complain.

Anyway, we all got the confirmation of our parents to go to the School Trip. Normally, parents don't say no to this because it's educational, but some parents don't want their children to go in case something happens to them, because they don't trust the teachers. I kinda doubt it's because they just don't trust their own children, but anyway, other subject!

I arrive at school first in our friend group, me who was scared to arrive late, it is not what happened. Ena and Irana follow after me. Sao is next and Hajime and Tooru arrive together at the same time but last.

"How much time have you been waiting?" Hajime asked.

"Fifteen minutes for me" I say.

The others didn't have time to tell them, the Homeroom teachers arrived in the parking, where the busses were arriving.

"Okay, guys, you're all there? Please, regroup with your Homeroom class, we're gonna count if you're all there"

Our Homeroom teacher walked near one bus and waited for us to be all there. We were in two lines, one of boys and one of girls. She called out our names and then, we could get into the bus. We were, approximately in the middle, Sao and Hajime together, Ena and Irana together and Tooru was with me. I got the window side, not without a fight though, but I still won it. Ena and Irana were behind us and Hajime and Sao were on the seats beside us. This way, we found it would be easier to talk. Tooru only realized later that we would be in this bus for 10 hours and so he tried to convince me into changing places when it was gonna be half the way to Kyoto but I refused. We departed at 7 am and would arrive there at 5 pm, without any break on the way. The first day was always wasted like this ; because of the transportation to get there, the visit of the hotel reserved entirely for us and a traditional one at that, the dinner, the shower, girls before boys, and then, the curfew, which means we can't get out of our rooms until morning. Well, I never respected that rule and no one was ever there to check anyway. And also... no phones allowed. They were taking it at the beginning of the trip, which means in the bus and were given back at the end of the trip, which means in the bus. I always respected that rule and everyone always respected that rule, so it was cool.