37. Another rehearsal

Today, we were just a few days past the horrible destiny that struck our third years. We were in November. November 1st. I was walking toward the drama club class. We didn't have a lot of time left, only a month and 20 days before we would present this play in front of the whole school. At least, the people who would buy the tickets. A month and 20 days that shouldn't have me stressed, but are, so I have to deal with something that I usually don't. Also, the play turned from funny and full of friendship love and drama to funny, lovely and love drama, so... I'm trying to be comfortable with it, because I know someone will be really jealous. I don't know how to tell him, because if I do now, he will stop me from having my role in the play and force me to get out. And they need my help. Also, if I let him realize, he'll be mad at me after and he'll overthink. This play is supposed to be professional, nor Ren nor I will fall in love with each other. You usually don't fall in love with your teammates in Volleyball, so he shouldn't be scared. I also played with all of the boys in the team once and they didn't fall for me, and I didn't fall for any of them... except one. So I'll let things happen as they are supposed to happen.

I entered the room, everyone being already there. We were pretty far in the play, but there was still a little bit more than half that needed to be practiced with the setting and everything. I was proud of the work we had done since Ren joined us, even though we didn't have a lot, but we've been working hard and more than usual. We were exhausted at the end of the day, but won't we be at the end of this three hour play on the 20th and 21st? It changes nothing. It will be a beautiful story, I'm sure of it. Some will cry, some will be not far from this state, and others will say it was sad, but did not cry. I just hope that, one person in particular, understand that this isn't what he could think it is.

"Hi, guys!" I wave, making my way in, putting my bag down.

Ren, who had his attention down on his text, lifted his head up and smiled when he recognised me. "Hi, how was your day?"

"Good, and how was yours?"

"Well, you know, I have a lot to catch up on, so there's that, but it was nice"

"Nice to hear it"

"Also, I wanted to talk about something with you. It's about a part of the text" he says, getting down from the stage where he was sitting on the edge of it.

"Of course, what is it?"

He places himself beside me and points the part with the pen he has in his hand. I could see he had taken a lot of notes.

"It's in the part we'll practice today. Here, you see where we start to sing?" I nod. "Well, I thought we could propose something to Zali. It says that we should be walking in circle, and the spotlight would be on the person in front and then the person in the back would come up in front then, singing the part they had to sing, but I'd rather have us... like... on each side of the stage, a spotlight on each of us and we sing while everything else is pitch black. What do you think?"

"Yes, it's better and simpler. The thing Zali wrote seems more difficult and it's a lot of movements for nothing and one of us could not be in sync and it would ruin everything. Let's talk to Zali."

"Good. Thanks"

"You're welcome"

He walked away, trying to find Zali as I looked away, finding Irana and Ena walking toward me.

"You seem to be getting along with Ren" Ena pointed out.

"Yes. He's a good partner. The play will surely turn better with him and the love story. What kind of relation did he have with Cami?"

"They are childhood friends. They always did theatre together, like us. They have such a good friendship. The love story didn't bother them, but never did one of them thought of each other as lovers"

"Like Sao and me"

"I guess"

"Alright! Are y'all ready to practice?" Irana exclaimed, excited.

"Yup! Let's just wait for Zali and everyone else"

"There seems to be a lot more things to do, today" Ena said, reading through the pages we'll have to practice.

"How many songs?" I ask.

"Two, but you only have one. The other is concentrated on Bena and Kano's thoughts."

"Well, lucky me"

"Okay! Everyone! Listen up, I've made a change in the play, something Ren made me realize, so we're gonna change it on stage, while I explain it" Zali interrupted us, making an entrance, Ren behind her. "Everyone who's in this part, on stage, right now!"

Rehearsal went really good. We had time to practice the two songs and the text between it. Before we could go home, Zali made us stand in a circle, telling us about the things we'll have to do before the 20th. In total, we had 29 days of rehearsal left. Plenty, according to Zali. The 20th, we would have a normal day of school, but right after, we would have to go prepare and practice one last time before presenting. The same goes for the 21st. The two days were a Thursday and a Friday. The exams were the exact same week, so we would have a lot of stress on our shoulders. Also, the last two complete week before the presentation in December, we will have rehearsal every day, even the Fridays.

The little board where the amount of days before the presentation and the amount of rehearsals that were left were written on were changed by one of us again, going from 50 to 49 and from 30 to 29. We had seen the numbers go down drastically since we started. The day of presentation was nearer than we could think. It was stressful, but I'm sure we were mostly excited.

*-*--*-*

(A/N) : A lighter chapter than the last one. I messed up in another chapter but corrected it. I wrote that there was only one month before the play, but I clearly forgot that there was a month between October and December. And I don't know why, I thought I had written that the play would be presented on December 10th, but when I went back, I saw December 20th and 21st. I don't know what happened, but next time, I'll keep in mind to write it down somewhere so I don't forget it or write something else. See you on the next chapter :)