17. The mall

It was beginning of July and today we would be going to the mall. Well, for a beautiful morning before a magnificent day, I wasn't waiting for what happened.

"Hurry up, Y/n! The others are waiting for us!" Tooru screamed from outside the bathroom.

"I'm gonna kill you when I'll be out, Tooru!"

"Oh, please, do it right now, while you're still naked"

"You'll regret saying that!"

I went out a few seconds later and opened the door, my body wrapped in a towel. Tooru looked at me up and down with a smirk on his face.

"You really wanted to kill me, didn't you?"

"My clothes are upstairs"

"Then, let me help you-"

"In you wildest dreams! Stay downstairs"

I went up the stairs and didn't hear Tooru's footsteps following me. I ended up smiling through my angriness, but I didn't make a big deal out of it, only wanting to kill the shit out of the dumbass who was down stairs, probably trying to look under the towel as a joke and definitely not trying.

"Hurry up, Y/n!" he cried at me again.

I lost the smile I had on my face and closed the door as hard as I could. When I went out, Tooru was now right in front of me.

"Boo!"

I jumped and screamed from the sudden surprise, but I immediately went back to my angry self, pushing him out of the way so I could pass.

"You ready, now?"

"You blind? I didn't dry my wet hair"

"But you're perfect with wet hair"

Even through my blushing, I stayed angry.

"That's not the problem! I don't want to go out of the house with wet hair"

"I do it all the time!"

"Because you're Oikawa Tooru. You know every girl on your way will be fangirling over you when they'll see you, so don't put your confidence over me, because I don't want it"

"You don't want boys fanboying over you?"

"Seeing how you get so much on your shoulders, no"

I closed the door and locked it so I could dry my hair in peace.

*-*--*-*

We joined Iwaizumi, Sao, Ena and Irana at the mall entry and we went in. It was the first time we were seeing each other since the Interhigh Prelims. The girls since the day they took me to their secret hidden place and Tooru, since that morning with Yugata.

*-*--*-*

Flashbacks

When we were far away enough from Yugata, Tooru took his arm off from my shoulders.

"Why didn't you text me?" he asked me, serious and visibly worried.

"Did you see how early it is?"

"For your information, I always wake up early, so now, you can text me anytime in the morning"

"Okay.." I only whispered, knowing there was no other way to escape.

"God, Y/n, we're back to the state where I have to accompany you everywhere again"

"You don't have to"

"Oh, but for me, for my heart, for me to stay sane, I need to do it"

*-*--*-*

I couldn't stop thinking about that morning. After that, he took me home and returned home himself.