41. The last presentation

The exams have been over for 2 days. We're receiving the results today, on Friday the 21st. Yesterday, the play went by really perfectly. The reactions after we presented were so heartwarming, telling us we did a good job. We received a few comments, generally positive. I, alone, received a total of like 10 comments on my acting and how my character's death was heartbreaking. They loved Nam and Violet's relationship throughout the play and Ren and I even got asked if we were going out. Of course, we said we were not and that it was only professional... well, I guess.

Tonight was the night Tooru, Hajime and Sao were coming to watch the play. There will be way more people than yesterday, but it's getting me excited, thinking about how it went the day before. The only thing is my friends' presence, but I'm pretty sure they'll like it. We've been working so hard on this play, I'm more excited than stressed out as hell.

*-*--*-*

I was sitting at my usual place, near the window, Tooru at my right side, Hajime in front of me, Sao standing near Hajime's desk, Irana standing behind me, looking outside the window and Ena between Tooru's desk and mine. We were talking about what would happen tonight and also, the results of our exams. The teacher was yet to arrive.

"How did it go?" Tooru asked.

Hajime's and Sao's attention turned toward us, probably wondering the same thing.

"It went well." Ena answered.

"'well'? Really?" Tooru seemed worried.

"I guess we have reasons to be worried about how it will go tonight, then. Should we really go, or is it not worth it?" Hajime said, probably joking.

Ena took a step toward him and punched him in his arm.

"Hey! That's mean of you, Iwaizumi. We received so much positive comments after the play yesterday. Y/n got a lot, too."

"Wow, you're not even a member of the drama club, but you get comments!" Tooru applauded.

"It's no surprise." Irana said. "Y/n's like the main character of the show. With Ren."

"Who's Ren?" Sao suddenly asked. "You mentioned his name when we were talking about our futures. He wasn't there the time Y/n got chosen to be the.. injured girl's replacement. In fact, there was only you, Ena and Y/n as main characters..."

"Ren has been a member of the drama club as long as us, but he's also an actor and has projects here and there. It was his second, but he came back in the middle of it, because the producer got ill for an unknown period of time. He was supposed to come back for the New Year." Irana explained.

"The play would have been really boring without him, honestly." Ena confessed.

"What's it about?" Tooru asked, genuinely curious.

"You know, there's the description on the pamphlets that were put up a little everywhere last week." Ena got irritated. "We're not about to spoil you accidentally."

"You really didn't take any attention to the pamphlets, Oikawa?" Hajime asked.

"Fortunately for you, we have a copy on us all day, so read it." Ena said, giving him her copy.

He read it and for a few seconds, it was total silence in the group. Sao, Hajime, Ena, Irana and I were watching him closely, waiting for his reaction. We all knew what was on this paper and how he was gonna react was worrying every one of us. When, finally, his face soothened and his eyes got off the paper, he gave the pamphlet back to Ena. He had a smile on his face.

"It's interesting, really. I want to watch it more, now"

His reaction takes us by surprise, but we say nothing and then, our Homeroom teacher comes in.