36. MPSIQ part 2

We were gathering on the court, Karasuno on their side and us on ours, warming up for the match to come. When finally, the coaches called their team back to them, Uncle gave a speech to the boys and I listened, even though I wouldn't be playing.

Tooru then spoke his mind on how he thought of his ennemy, Karasuno. The team was hiding its surprise, because he is rarely honest about those kind of things. And to his own surprise and to mine, they all said, at the same time : "We believe in you, Captain".

I smiled, even though I couldn't hide the surprise. I walked to Tooru, putting a hand on his shoulder, making him look down.

"See? We all believe in you and I, most certainly, believe in you and I know you can win this, I know you have the strength. Show Karasuno who's best." I then turned to the rest of the team. "Remember, guys, the game's not over until the ball touches the floor and we don't let the ball fall on our side of the court! We get it up, on the other side and win point by point, set by set. I know you can do this. Go!"

"Yeahhh!" they all screamed in unison.

I looked at the other team, they were still talking, and then, when I heard Mattsun, Makki and Hajime ask things from Tooru if he missed his serves, I laughed, knowing that 'believing in you' was not full of love but really full of shit. Still, I'm pretty sure they care for their setter.

*-*--*-*

The game started a few minutes later, Tooru serving first. The boys reminded him of the things he owed them if he missed, but deep down, I think we all knew that it was gonna get pass the net. Hope came to us with the first point, because the ball was sent to a corner, but the captain got it up, sending it straight to the net. Kindaichi jumped, blocking the ball. Falling down, the setter got it up, not giving him the chance to set it, but as we were all thinking that an attack would be impossible, the Libero jumped from the three feet line, setting the ball into the air, the Ace hitting it, earning the first point of the game.

Kageyama was the one to serve. Throwing it, jumping, hitting, he used the same technique as Tooru, targetting the corner. Hanamaki prepared to receive it, but took his arms off at the last second, the ball falling out. Looking at the ref, we waited for him to call it out, which he did a few seconds later, tying it.

The first set went on and on. The little middle blocker, Hinata, surprised me with his solution to use against Kindaichi's block. Both of the teams were making points without separating themselves from the other team too much.

2-1 for Karasuno.

7-5 for Karasuno.

18-17 for Karasuno.

23-22 for Karasuno.

And again, it was Tooru's turn to serve. I saw Hajime tell Kindaichi to protect his head just in case. He got worried but mostly for nothing, because the ball ended out, giving the point to Karasuno. I heard the Captain of Karasuno call this point a lucky one, probably because the ball got pass them in a flash and with a certain force that could break your arms or broke your nose, if you ever received it in the face. Honestly, I don't think I would have been able to receive that.

24-22 for Karasuno, who was now at match point.

Kageyama was serving. Getting it on the other side, Watari got it up successfully, giving the opportunity to Tooru to set, Hajime hitting it, the ball smashing on the floor on the other side.

24-23.

Suddenly, I turned my head, realizing Mad Dog was going in. Kunimi got out and I could see the despair on Tooru's face. I hope it will go good...

Hajime served, Daichi receiving it, Kageyama setting it to Tanaka, who got blocked, but not enough to keep it on their side. Watari received it. We could see Tooru was setting to Kindaichi, but at the last second, Mad Dog ran in, pushing Kindaichi aside, taking the set. From here, I didn't see, but Karasuno team was surprised. A few seconds later, the ref was lifting up the little flag, telling us it was out. I had to calm my uncle down, because he was not proud of this, but Kindaichi kept telling us he was good.