30. The same problem...

Everyone was asleep. I couldn't fall with them, no matter how much I wanted. The words once said in the baths were still haunting me. I didn't talk to Tooru since that time when he stopped me by grabbing my wrist. I never loved to see him worried like this, because I knew it was my fault, but then again, I couldn't stop myself from being hurt by something as much as I couldn't stop him from being worried. He always cared about me. He always showed me how he did. And I never showed him anything in return.

I ended up standing up and getting to the door that lead outside the room and then, walked until I reached the door that lead outside the hotel. When I opened it, the fresh breeze of autumn made its way in, making me shiver, but I didn't go back in. I followed the little balcony until I was in the backyard, sitting on its cold material. I listened to the Shishi-odoshi fountain making its comforting sound. I got lost in my thoughts, trying to think about something else than Tooru, even though I knew I couldn't, because then, I knew I would lose my way of comforting myself when I wasn't feeling really good. I've gotten attached to Tooru to the point that I wouldn't be able to live without him. I remember how last year I told Iwaizumi that I wouldn't be able to go through all of this alone if ever they abandoned me after I told them the truth. And look where 'all of this' got us.

Before I realized what was happening, I heard footsteps approaching and got scared. I imagined the worst-case scenario. Being found out by one of the teachers and never being able to do that kind of thing ever again. It would be one of my last times and I kinda needed it. But what was my surprise to see Tooru appear at the corner of the balcony, surrounding the hotel.

"Tooru?" I whispered loudly, trying not to attract anyone's attention out here.

"Y/n" his face suddenly soothened when he saw me.

He walked up to me and sat by my side.

"What are you doing? Why aren't you asleep?" I asked him, a bit confused.

"I could ask you the same thing" he said, looking at the fountain as I was looking at him.

"You scared me, Tooru! I thought it was one of the teachers!"

"Continue screaming like that and we'll get caught for sure" he said with an amused tone, turning his face to me.

"Sorry" I whispered, turning my face away.

"Now, are you gonna tell me what you're doing here?"

"Why should I?" I pouted, crossing my arms and looking away.

He chuckled.

"Because I want to know"

"Shouldn't you know? You always see through me"

"I want to know the answer from you, not from my own thoughts. I want you to realize what I already realized"

"Yeah, well, you would probably be bored to know that I couldn't sleep because of yo-"

I stopped myself in what I was about to say, putting my hand on my mouth, blushing. At least, the moon wasn't drowning us in its light, so I had the chance to not be discovered. Even then, I'm pretty sure he guessed my reaction.

"See" he only said.

"See what?" I calmly asked as if nothing happened.

"We both have the same problem" he said, seriously.

I slowly turned to look at him, worried about his voice. He was looking straight in front of him. I was looking straight at him.

"If you don't mind me asking, why did you come out here?" I asked hesitantly.