8. The opposite of happy

Well, that is not where I saw myself this morning. At school. In front of the man who dared to ruin my love life a few months ago.

"What do you want, Yugata?"

I was coming in the school like I was doing everyday and I had a smile on my face just a few seconds ago, thinking this day could be as awesome as the day before, but let me tell you, Yugata Zino is the last person I wanted to see today, or every other day. For real, if I had enough strength to kick him in the butt so he could fly oversees to somewhere else, I would have done it right away.

"Hi, Y/n." He greeted me, with a nervous smile.

"Don't call me that."

"Oh, come on..."

"No. What do you want?"

"I wanted to talk to you"

"Then, talk"

"Could we go where there's less people?" he asked me, hesitating.

"No. I'm not as dumb as I was that night, Yugata. I'm not planning on getting alone with you like it happened that night. Who knows what a pervert like you would try. So talk, here and there"

"I'm sorry... about what happened that night..."

"You're not forgiven."

"What?" he seemed surprised.

"You heard me perfectly. I do not forgive you. What did you think, too? That I would say : "Oh, yes, Yugata, let's become friends again, like we did before you ruined my life." If you really wanted to be forgiven, you wouldn't have done that"

"Give me a second chance... please?"

"Why are you still begging?"

"I already told you..."

"Not me. And you know it. I thought that we were friends. That act of betrayal is not forgivable. Leave me alone."

I walked away without him stopping me. But I'm not going far, because the shouting of my name makes me stop. It's the people from the music club...

"Y/n! Wait!"

I turned around to see everyone running toward me.

"We didn't mean to eavesdrop, but we couldn't help ourselves. We heard what happened"

"What do you really know?"

"That it was an accident. That you both were drunk and it happened like that..."

I couldn't look them straight in the eyes. I couldn't tell them that it wasn't the real story.

"Your friend is not the one you think he is. He manipulated and lied to Tooru. He kissed me without my consent. You're wasting your time if you even have hope that I'll forgive him for what he did."

"He told us he did it for love"

I didn't know who was talking anymore. They all felt like strangers.

"He did it because he couldn't bare to see me with someone else. He was jealous and wanted to ruin that relationship. Don't believe I'll spend lunch time or whatever other time with you anymore. Believe who you want, but Tooru and I hold the real story to that night, not a manipulative bitch."

"Y/n"

I heard a voice behind me and then felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Forget them, let's go."

It was Tooru's voice. I turned toward him and ignored the others. He knew I would be exploding soon and he didn't want me to cause a scene. We walked away, ignoring them.