15. From the beginning to the end of the beginning

~Flashbacks~

*-*--*-*

~3 years old~

"Look, Y/n, this is your new little brother ; Julio" her mother introduced her brother.

"Can we play volleyball with him?"

Her parents started laughing.

"Not now, my little flower, he's too young, but in a few years, you'll be able to play with him"

~4 years old~

"Y/n?" Her dad called her.

"Yes?" she responded with her cute little voice.

"Guess what your mom and I bought you for your birthday?"

"What is it?" she asked, excited, jumping around.

"I know that, right now, you cannot play since it's january and winter, but tadaaa!" he screamed, taking the volleyball he had hidden behind his back in front of her face.

"I can finally play?"

"Yes" her mother answered, arriving in the living room. "We will start teaching the rules of the game and you will be able to play this summer."

"Yeahhh! I'm so excited!"

Under her parents' happy eyes, Y/n was jumping around, her volleyball in hands.

*-*--*-*

~In the summer~

"You gotta do it like this. Look, Y/n, you place your first hand like that and your second one like this and you only move your body when you bump, not your arms" her dad told her.

She was copying his every move. She was concentrated on what she was doing. Her face made her mom laugh.

"Why are you laughing, mom, I'm trying to concentrate!" Y/n complained.

"Yeah, mom, our little angel is concentrating!" her dad added. "Okay, now, you ready to receive?"

He threw the ball at her and she received her first ball. She was clumsy but for a first try, her parents were proud of her.

*-*--*-*

~5 years old~

"Look, mom, I finally got it!" Y/n exclaimed how she finally was able to set correctly.

"Wow, I'm so proud of you honey, keep getting better!"

"What did she do?" Her father asked, from inside the house, wanting to know what new move she mastered.

"She managed her first set!"

"Yeahh!" her dad shouted, proud of her little girl.

"I'm gonna be as good as you, one day, mommy, daddy, I swear!" the little girl promised.

"I don't doubt those words. You'll be better than us, I'm sure of it" her mother told her, kneeling in front of her so she could be of her height.

She smiled happily, because the words she said gave her the desire to continue training.

*-*--*-*

~6 years old~

That summer, Y/n started playing with other kids that loved the sport. She was better than them, obviously because she had started playing earlier. Well, also because she was listening to the mothers around her.