7. A rare beautiful day

After lunch, in one of my classes, something I thought would never happen happened. I mean, if we realize that it never did happen before, then I want to consider this a miracle. The most beautiful miracle that never happened. Here I thought it would never happen... that girls wanted to be my friends.

"Oi, Y/n, want to exchange numbers?" Irana asked me.

"Hm?" I let out a sound, surprised by her demand.

It was the last period of the day and we had to work on our project. Her sudden demand startled me so much that I thought I was dreaming her words.

"I said, do you want to exchange numbers?" she asked again, slower.

"Um... sure!" I answered, still surprised.

"Are you really sure, Y/n? You don't seem really convinced."

"No, it's nothing. I mean, it may be a little surprising, but I've never talked to girls so fluently that I became friends with them. They used to be mean to me."

"Why is that?" Ena asked.

"I got bullied and almost killed by one, sooo... yeah."

"Fortunately for you, we're not crazy bitches like her, so you can sit comfortably and be sure we're not gonna bite you"

I smiled at what she said.

"I'm glad to hear that."

"So, are we gonna exchange numbers or what?" Irana repeated, a big smile on her face.

We took out our phones and exchanged numbers, trying to hide from the teacher, who was walking between the desks, to see if the teams were doing their project.

We created a group with us three. I was happy. And I mean it. It made my day.

*-*--*-*

Today was one of those days where things that you would never thought would happen actually happen. For proof, Tooru and I talked for the first time in a while and as it was really awkward at the beginning, the conversation ended up flowing really easily between us and I promised to not let our past change our situationship right now, because for now, and I didn't complain, we'd rather know each other better than start dating again, knowing our hearts are fragile and risking a breakup easier than if we knew each other perfectly. "Soulmates" they said... Maybe I was just now starting to believe what they were saying... Sao and Hajime. And for the second proof, two new friends that could become bestfriends. Those girls were the friendships I've been longing for, because they felt like those friendships where you felt like you had known them forever, like the part of you that you were searching for came to you and gave itself to you so it could finally be at its place. All that just to say that my last year of High School started more beautifully that I have ever thought possible.

And that's why the whole volleyball team found me sitting on a bench, staring at nothing, a big happy smile on my face.

"What happened, Irihata? Tooru and you are finally together for you to be this happy?" Matsukawa asked.

I jumped at what he said and straight looked at him, blushing.

"That's not it!"

"Ma'am's a bit flustered. I'm starting to believe that what I said is true."

"Matsukawa, would you stop teasing Y/n-chan?" Tooru asked with the voice that I missed so much. The voice that he used to talk to me with last year when we met and became friends. "I'm telling you myself that we're not going out."

"Don't worry, Captainkawa, we're believing you"

And my eyes disappeared again in the nothingness that was the floor of the gym. A few seconds later, when I was getting pissed off by the sounds of their voices, I stood up.