───※ ·1· ※───

When you hear the word high school, what comes to mind? A building made for learning to many. But to me, it was a place where we see students in form of cliques and of course, those on the popularity ladder.

After watching so many high school dramas in primary school all I'd ever dreamt of was to be popular once I got admitted into GREENVILLE HIGH. But it backfired. Turned out, being popular meant being smart, athletic and of course beautiful. I was none of those things.

Since I didn't get to be popular, what did I settle for?

A wallflower.

That should have been nice right? The quiet girl in class talks to no one and is invisible in the eyes of both the teachers and students. But boy was I wrong.

For starters, I had a best friend, Stella. Stella was a fair skin girl who was beautiful to the core. She captured every guy's attention and was extremely vocal in class. Plus, she was an influencer with over a hundred thousand followers on every social platform. How did I expect to be a wallflower when I had Stella as a friend?

Secondly, the Trix. Stella and I came up with that name to describe the Devils disguising themselves as the mean girls in our class. The Trix were none other than Queen, Chloe, and Elue.

Who are they and why are they the reason I couldn't be popular, you might ask.

The answers were simple, I almost stole something that 'belonged' to Queen.

Queen, the obvious leader of her clique, had a crush on Andrew, the previous head boy before our set. I never knew she had a crush on him but there was one thing I knew. I too had a crush on him.

With the encouragement of Stella, I decided to write a love letter to him in Ss2. Queen eventually found out about this, tore my paper in half, and pushed me to the floor at the center of the cafeteria while pouring drinks all over me. Ever since then, I'd been the Trix's victim.

Now you see why I can't be popular even though it'd always been my dream?

But that's by the way. I was currently in my last year and it was best I make the most of it, you see. Well not most enough to anger the Trix.

It was weird walking down the hall on my own without Stella beside me. She'd been cast for a movie role and today was her scheduled photoshoot. I try not to be sad about Stella not being available. Without Stella beside me, I could successfully become the wallflower I'd always wanted to be right after being popular.

I held the straps to my backpack as I strolled into the empty classroom. Well almost empty because Damian was already present. I reached for my seat at the back of the class before bringing out my phone and going to Netflix to watch the first episode of the second season of Alchemy of souls.

It was no surprise Damian was in class. He was usually quiet and only communicated with his friends, Thompson and Muller.

Damian was what we called Greenville High's asset. Yeah, you heard right, asset.

Ever since he got enrolled into our school in Ss1, he'd been winning competitions against Blossom High School, our biggest rival.

God, I hate that school.

Anyways, Damian was intelligent, athletic, and handsome. A gorgeous black beauty if I may add.

Do I have a crush on him? Of course! I'd be a fool not to. All girls had a crush on him so, of course, I wouldn't be an exception. But that was the thing. All girls had a crush on him which included the Trix. I'd be a fool to compete with the Trix again, so whatever crush I had for Damian was forcefully swallowed down my throat.