───※ ·29· ※───

───※ ·NSIKAN· ※───

I sat on the toilet seat while looking at my bandaged ankle and thinking about my life. My mum had gone to my school, probably to lay a complaint, and she wasn't back yet. I was scared for my life. It took a lot of courage to open up to my mother. What if she reports the issue and the school does the bare minimum? My remaining days at Greenville High School would be hell, that's for sure. The Trix would make sure I never opened my mouth again to tell on them.

I stood up and flushed the toilet before moving to the sink to wash my hands with soap and water. Grabbing a tissue to dry my hands, I moved to my room, only to stand frozen on the spot. On my bed were Chuks and Stella. It would have been okay knowing this was like their second home and they could come over whenever, but the people beside them were what kept me fixated on my spot.

"D-Damian?" I was shocked out of my mind as I limped forward toward my bed. Damian, Muller, and Thompson were in my room. Why were they in my room? Thompson looked worried, Damian looked concerned, and Muller looked like he wanted to be anywhere but here.

"How's your leg, hun?" Chuks got up from my bed and walked over to place his arms around me as he led me to my bed.

"Fine." I smiled at Chuks as I tried wiggling my ankle, but that was a mistake because it hurt as hell. "What are you all doing here?"

"To see you." Damian's deep voice made me gulp. I smiled to cover up the fact that I was still shocked that he was in my room.

"Is my mum back? Did she let you all up here?" I was in my room throughout the day, so I wasn't sure if my mother was back or not.

"No." Stella shook her head. "Probably with your new dad."

"They're not married yet," Thompson groaned.

"What happened to your phone?" Chuks asked. "Why was it switched off?"

because I was scared? I thought if I turned on my phone, Stella and Chuks might call, and I'd be faced with the reality that my mum went over to my school. I just hope she didn't yell at anyone. God, I really hope she settles things amicably.

"I forgot to charge," I said with a chuckle, wholeheartedly coughing to hide the fact that I just lied to them. Damian was quiet, looking at me like I was some interesting phenomenon ready to be studied.

"Anyways, I've got juicy news!" Stella squeezed with excitement. I drifted my gaze from Damian to Stella. "Your mum came to school today, and boy was it bloody."

"Not literally," Thompson mumbled, but Stella continued.

"Damian said she threatened to sue the school and the Trix's parents if they don't come to school this Friday," she informed

My eyes widened at that information, and my mouth opened as if I were a fish out of water. "She did what?"

"The best thing ever!" Chuks snapped his fingers while talking. "Show them who's boss."

"Can he not talk like that?" Muller grumbled, facepalming himself. No one said anything. Stella moved closer with her phone in her hands.

"Mr. Akan asked Damian to call the Trix, and I followed him to do amebo." She said this while smiling at the same time. It looked like she was too excited for her own good. "Look at this."

I peered at her phone only to see an almost blurry picture of three students kneeling. I couldn't see very clearly, so I grabbed my glasses from my bedside table and put them on.

"What?!" I was stunned. On her phone was the Trix, kneeling in front of Mr. Akan. "What happened?!"

"Justice happened, duh!" Chuks waved his hands.