───※ ·32· ※───

MIX AND MAX officially surpassed 10k reads and is going to 4k votes... This means a lot ✨

───※ ·❆· ※───

How do you deal with the fact that your whole life turned out to be a lie? I looked down at my phone to check the time. I wasn't myself, not after the bombshell my mother threw at me yesterday night. I remembered how I rushed over to her room and knocked countless times, pleading for her to open the door so we could talk, but all she said was for me to go away. How could I? This was too much news, and I just couldn't let it slide. I haven't told Stella or Chuks yet; I didn't know how or where to start. I wasn't sure of the full story yet, so I wasn't sure what to say.

"I'm too little for such a complicated life," I said with a sigh as I stood in front of the mirror. Mother wasn't telling me anything, and this house was suffocating me. I needed to get out, which is why I was dressed in a peach crop top and high-waisted boyfriend jeans. I remember the hangout Chuks was hosting, and I thought of it as a good distraction. I wanted answers from my mother, but I didn't want to force her beyond her limit. But I hoped she got herself together soon because the fact that Queen was my sister, though half, wasn't sitting well with me.

I moved out of the room and down the stairs. My first instinct was to go check on my mother and see if she was okay, but I knew she'd ask me to go away, just like last night.

I moved to the kitchen to grab a bottle of water. While gulping the content down, I notice my mother. I quickly moved out of the kitchen, only to see her leaving the front door. Confused, I placed the bottle of water on the dining table and followed her. Getting outside, Mother was opening the mini gate. My brows furrowed. Mother never goes anywhere without her car. Not even to the nearest store. If she wasn't well or in the mood to drive, she'd ask one of the maids to run her errands.

I walked over to the mini gate and slightly opened it to see my mother standing in front of a car with folded arms. She looked pissed as hell and was tapping her left foot impatiently. Finally, the door to the driver's seat opened, and I couldn't believe the man I was seeing. What was he doing here? How did he get here?

"You're stalking me now?" Mother fired, her anger taking the best of her. This man who screamed successful had a collected expression. He probably thought someone had to be calm between the two of them. "What are you doing here? How did you get my number to call me?"

"I have my ways," the man responded, which-based on mum's expression-wasn't the response she was looking for.

"Get out," Mum said instead. "Move, before I call the police."

"I will; I just need to talk for a few seconds." He said it slowly, but that had no effect.

"I said you should leave, didn't I?" Mother fired. "Leave!"

I gripped the gate tightly; I could swear my knuckles were losing their colour. " Just answer this." The man moved a step forward, and Mother took one step backward. "Is she-"

"She isn't." Mother cut him off before he could finish his sentence. " She isn't, so leave!"

"Mum," I said as I stepped out of the gate, and both turned to me. Mother with tear-filled eyes, and the man with a curious gaze. I ignored him and turned to my mother while acting like I knew nothing. "Is everything alright?"

"Fine, darling," Mother said with a sigh. "Do you need something?"

I moved my gaze to the man she'd called my father last night and then back to my mother. "I wanted to ask for permission to go over to Chuks' house."

Mother nodded. "You are free to always go to Chuks and Stella's place, love."

I nodded slowly, looked at the man one last time, and turned to head inside. I wanted that man gone. I hated seeing my mother acting so restless. I wasn't sure how to respond to this whole thing because it was clear as day that my mother was also suffering inside. Sighing, I got into the back seat of the car, and the driver quickly got in and turned on the ignition.