───※ ·31· ※───

The office was silent as everyone watched my mother leave the room. What was going on? I turned to the principal, who was asking my class teacher about what just happened, but he had no response to that, knowing everyone was in the room when my mother decided to postpone the confrontation. My eyes darted to Queen's father, who was already looking at me with a blank expression. Did he know my mum? Did she break his heart and couldn't face him to avoid awkwardness? But that didn't sound like my mum at all. Well, the breaking of hearts part sounded like something she would've done, but running away because of awkwardness wasn't. I wanted to run after my mum and ask what the problem was. But the idea of her just leaving me in this place alone kept me fixated on the chair.

"Um, I don't know what just happened," the principal began. "But we need to postpone this."

"Postpone what?!" Elue's father roared. "I left my office, and the only place that woman and this school decided to take me is for granted?"

"I'm sorry, sir, but you are the father of a bully, and that woman is the mother of the victim. We have every right to bend to her will so she won't take this institute to court." Her words must have felt like a slap to his face as he angrily turned to his daughter.

"Have you seen the nonsense and disgrace you've caused me, this stupid girl? Because of you, I'm being called the father of a bully!" My mouth slightly opened as I watched him raise his hand, ready to slap Elue.

"Sir!" The principal slammed her hands on her desk and got up from her comfortable office chair. "I won't tolerate any sort of violence in my office. I believe we are all mature enough to settle things amicably."

Elue's Dad instead balled his fist and wriggled his index finger at Elue, who already had her face soaked with tears. "We'll meet at home."

The principal sighed and shook her head. "I have made my decision as the principal of the school and would give Nsikan's mother my final decision since most of you are busy in your office." The principal said, as her last words were directed to Elue's father.

"What decision?" The cool and collected voice from Queen's father was completely different from Elue's father's hostile behaviour. This man standing in a well-tailored suit with both hands in his pocket wasn't even acting like his daughter had committed something great.

"Bullying can't and will never be tolerated in my school." The principal began. "I need to let the other students know that they cannot get away with bullying."

"The decision?" he questioned again. I brought my fingers to my mouth and began chewing nervously for the principal's final words.

"Queen, Elue, and Chloe," the principal called out slowly. "You three are hereby expelled from Greenville High."

"What?!" Elue and Chloe yelled in pure shock. I was as well. I thought the suspension was the highest thing the school management would do.

"Yeah, what?" Queen turned to her dad. "Daddy, I didn't touch her. Why should I be expelled?"

"Did you bully her?" His deep voice came out cold as he looked down at Queen.

"But I didn't touch her!" Queen yelled to put her point across.

Her father turned his attention to the principal and asked calmly. "Is there anything I can do for Queen? How much for compensation?"

"Sir," the principal scoffed. "We don't need money. We want to send the message that we don't tolerate this type of behaviour in this school. And we're starting with Queen, Chloe, and Elue."

"But I can't get expelled," Elue began to cry. "I'm about to write WAEC soon and..." Elue rushed to me and held my hands frantically. "I tried to help Nsikan. You know I did. Can't you tell the principal that? Please, Nsikan."