───※ ·36· ※───

What do you do when all you think about is the person who was a part of the reason you were brought to this world?

I sat at the sports complex with no one with me. We'd just finished History mock exams, and it was officially closing hours.

"Where are you going?" Damian had asked after the teacher had left the class.

"To the sports complex. I want to study for a bit." I had said to him.

"That place will be too crowded to concentrate," he'd pointed out. "I have some prefect duties to do with the other prefect. I'll catch up with you when I'm done."

The reason why I chose the sports complex and not the library or greenhouse was because of the reasons Damian had pointed out. I needed the distraction. The school had been quiet lately. Not in a bad way, though. The school had been quiet after Queen's and Chloe's expulsion and after Elue's suspension. The fact that Elue would be coming back to this school next week was kind of nerve-wracking. And Queen? God, I wasn't sure what to do with her. I doubt she knew about the new development.

Ding!

My phone's notification sounded, and I brought it out of my skirt pocket to look at the notification. It was from the new press club site. After Queen was expelled, Chuks needed nothing from the club. So the guidance counsellor gave it to someone willing to take over the club, Danielle Udeme, a girl from Ss2 Arts class. She didn't waste time making the club her own. She stopped the newspaper distribution, claiming it was harmful to the environment, and suggested she use a site she'd made. Surprisingly, the school cared less. She started yesterday, and so far, her stories have been more of revealing rumours than actual headline-worthy news.

𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚕𝚎𝚛𝚝.

𝙼𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚘𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚖𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚒𝚌𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚘𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚋𝚊𝚋𝚕𝚢 𝚗𝚘𝚝, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚠𝚎'𝚟𝚎 𝚐𝚘𝚝 𝚝𝚠𝚘 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚋𝚒𝚛𝚍𝚜 𝚜𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚂𝚜𝟹 𝚜𝚌𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚌𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚜 𝚠𝚊𝚕𝚕. 𝚆𝚑𝚘 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢? 𝙳𝚎𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝙿𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚛, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚍𝚎𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝙿𝚊𝚞𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚊. 𝚂𝚙𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚝 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚋𝚎 𝚗𝚘 𝚏𝚞𝚗, 𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝? 𝚂𝚘 𝚕𝚎𝚝'𝚜 𝚠𝚊𝚒𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚐𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚎𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗.

Now I wanted my friends to be fast with that prefect meeting so we could head home. I looked at the comment section to see other students' comments. Most had Thompson and Stella's names, others had Muller and Omolara's names, and many had Damian and my names. I meant Thompson and Stella weren't the answer because Thompson was just tutoring Stella. Muller and Omolara were far from reality, and many must have seen them together because Omolara was busy tutoring Muller in Chemistry. And though Damian and I might be the closest option, we weren't particularly dating, just going on dates first.

I wanted to comment just for fun when I heard footsteps. I turned to see Damian approaching me with his backpack hanging on his shoulders, and I quickly got up, placed my books in my bag, and hung them.

"You weren't reading," Damian dissed.

"Danielle distracted me," I said, waving my phone. Damian got to me and placed his hands around my waist as we slowly walked out of the sports complex.