───※ ·8· ※───

MIX AND MAX clocked 1k reads!

───※ ·NSIKAN· ※───

It was the last period before closing hours and also a free period. It was a bit boring cause Stella didn't come to school today cause of the movie project she was in and Chuks seemed not to have my time. I spent most of my time thinking though. Last Friday, Damian had decided to tutor me, but on one condition, I must impress him. But how?

Ding!

I stopped mid-way in the hallway as my phone rang. I brought it out from my skirt pocket and looked at the screen. It was a notification from Stella, sending me a photo on WhatsApp. I quickly clicked on it and almost fell my phone to the ground.

Is this real?

Stella just sent a picture of herself and she wasn't alone. She was with actress Yemi, the actress Yemi.

"I'm sending you and Chuks this before I post it on social media. I'm the luckiest right?!" I read the message she'd attached to the picture.

"Babe, how did you get a picture with Yemi? Put this on your handle and your followers will double!" I couldn't help but voice out the words while typing, then pressed send when I was done. Stella wasn't online at the moment so I took a note to self, to check WhatsApp later this evening.

I was brought back to reality when I placed my phone in my skirt pocket and decided to head for the classroom. I have made up my mind to speak with Thompson and Muller. Chuks would've been joining me as a good friend, but in his own words he said and I quote; "girl, I've got no interest in having a conversation with any science student aside from you and Stella. But don't worry babes, I'll be brainstorming ideas from here. Love ya!"

Yeah, he's got pride. But that didn't stop me from giving up. I opened the door to see Thompson and Muller present, but no Damian in sight. Perfect! It'd be awkward if I needed their help and Damian was present. Pushing my worries aside, I skipped over to their seat.

"Hi!" I smiled like I was wearing a joke mask while waving my hand frantically at both confused-looking boys.

"Why is she looking at us like that?" Muller whispered, leaning closer to Thompson. When Muller saw I wasn't leaving, he cleared his throat. "What do you want Nsikan?"

I sat confidently on their desk, still spotting my wide close-up smile. "Um... I need you both help."

"Of course," Muller scoffed, resting his back against his seat. "With what?"

Thompson nodded, "Didn't Damian agree to tutor you already?"

"But on one condition!" I cried. Damian wasn't a devil so I wasn't sure who he was doing something in my favour while applying conditions to it.

"Impressing Damian isn't hard, right?" Muller turned to Thompson while asking that question. "I impress Damian all the time."

"You are his friend," Thompson dissed Muller, then turned to me. "What exactly do you want?"

I fidget with my fingers. I didn't want it to look like I was using them or something but it wasn't like I had many options on my plate. "I don't know how to impress someone like Damian. Have you seen me? I'm a walking disaster, way out of his league."

Thompson and Muller didn't laugh or make fun of me after I'd said that. They both seemed to understand me with their current expressions and also looked like they were in thought.

"Damian likes romance novels," Again, who reads novels these days? Especially romance. "Maybe if you come up with a handwritten short love story, he'd be impressed."