───※ ·44· ※───

───※ ·NSIKAN· ※───

I wasn't sure where I was going as I left the sports complex for Damian and Elue. Looking at her alone angered me. And the way she acted, like she had certain rights over me, was infuriating. Maybe I shouldn't have helped her or tried to be civil when I saw no one talking to her.

"I should've listened to Stella," I mumbled to myself. Stella was right. I got her suspended at the end. She couldn't have just let bygones be bygones. "I'm so stupid."

"I told you not to say that to yourself, didn't I?" I swiftly turned to see Damian before taking note of where I was. What was I doing at the junior wing? I almost let out a sadistic laugh.

"I can't help but feel that way." I hugged myself, looking at him. "Did you hear her out there? She's the type of person who reminds someone of the favour she'd done for them twenty-four seven and won't let them breathe."

"I understand." Damian nodded, approaching me slowly. "What she did was wrong."

"Don't tell me to forgive her." I cut him off. "Cause I won't."

Damian smiled and placed his hands around my shoulder while turning me in the direction of the senior wing. "I'm not going to do that. She didn't wrong me, but you and Stella. So I'll stay out of it."

I sighed at that. I was scared that he was going to let me see reasons that I wasn't ready to see. "How do you think Stella is doing right now?"

"She's your best friend," he said, looking ahead. "But the Stella I know would be declaring I told you so to everyone."

I smiled a bit; that was so Stella. Then a thought climbed into my mind, and I frowned. "I just hope she doesn't spill the truth."

"Spill what?" he questioned.

"Elue," I said, as we took the stairs heading to our class. "It would be harder for her if Stella told everyone what she did."

"You're still sympathetic towards her," Damian scoffed, then shrugged it off. "I don't think she will. Stella might be anything, but she wouldn't stoop that low."

I found it cute that Damian was defending my best friend. Plus, Chuks would be with her. As much as he loves drama, I don't think he won't let that happen.

"Thank you," I said to him. "And thank you to Joseph."

"Joshua. His name is Joshua," he corrected, and I nodded. "You've got smart people around you. I could never."

"It's his field," Damian acknowledged as he pushed the door to the classroom open. "Do you still want to watch the movie? Something to take your mind off of what happened?"

I pouted and gave a small nod. To be honest, I needed the distraction.

"Then how about my place after school?" He questioned me, unsure of my answer.

I pretended to be in great thought, then shrugged, "It's not like I've got anything to do at home."

Damian smiled widely at that before I turned and headed over to my seat. Chuks was on Stella's desk, while Stella made way for me to sit on my seat. Settling down, I noticed Damian was already on his way, with Muller and Thompson saying something to him.

"Can you believe that girl?" Stella turned to me. "If it weren't for the fact that I'm in my good phase—"

"This is your good phase?" Omolara questioned, and Stella nodded. Omolara leaned back into her seat, muttering, "Then I don't want to see what your bad phase is like."

"What I don't like about her is the fact that she's entitled," Chuks said, turning his gaze towards me. "She's just like you, girl, always emphasising the fact that she helped once. So what? She ain't Jesus, you know. It's not like she died for you or something."