───※ ·26· ※───

"Nsikan!" I gulped. I could recognize that voice anywhere. That icy voice that usually sends chills down my spine and makes me crumble in undeniable fear Why was she here?

"Nsikan!" I slowly turned to see a car parked not far from where I stood, and leaning on it was Queen, with Chloe and Elue. Once she noticed she'd finally gotten my attention, she gestured for me to come over with her hand. I gulped while counting my steps toward her.

"Queen," my voice trembled a bit as I got even closer to her. "How did you know where I live?"

"Come on, we've got Elue as a friend." Queen laughed, then tilted her head to the side. "You don't think, as a class rep, she won't know where her classmate lived?"

My eyes slowly moved to Elue, who had no emotions whatsoever, and I breathed audibly to release some anxiety I was feeling inside.

"Um..." I rubbed my neck. "Do you want to go in with me?"

"Go in?" Queen asked with a scoff. "Do you think we came here to do that?"

I looked left, then right, then shook my head. "No?"

"Finally, you're getting smart!" Queen clapped her hands, smiling cheekily at me. "How was your date with Damian?"

"Damian?" I asked, and she leaned away from her car, slowly moving toward me with a predatory look.

"Don't play smart with me," Queen said, spitting out invisible lava from her mouth. "Chloe saw you both and called me immediately."

That was when I noticed it wasn't one car parking, but two. Chloe must have called Queen, and Elue must have told Queen where I lived, forcing all three to meet here.

"Oh," I tried to laugh it off. "It's a misunderstanding, nothing else. You see-"

Slap!

The stink spread over my left cheek as my face tilted sideways from the impact. Trembling with fear, I turned to Queen with tear-filled eyes.

"I told you not to play smart, didn't I?" My eyes stunk with tears as Queen dangerously moved closer. "What's that in your hand?"

I moved the shopping bag behind me, away from Queen's eyes. Our estate was usually deserted. Every occupant was either indoors or out on a fancy resort. I knew I couldn't get any help from passersby, and yelling would be the worst mistake of my life. Who knew what Queen would do to me next?

"N-nothing," I stuttered, taking a step.

"Queen, enough." Elue shook her head, moving forward and stepping in between. "You told me you'd just talk."

"And isn't that what I'm doing?" Queen pushed Elue aside. "Stay out of this if you need a ride home."

"Now you," Queen turned to me, walking past Elue. "The bag."

"Queen-"

"I say stay out of it!" Queen turned, glaring at Elue.

"Okay, we shouldn't fight because of a nobody." Chloe tried coming in between her friends. "Elue, are you with us or not?"

There was a small pause as Elue kept looking at her friends and then at me. "Not."

And I watched Elue turn as she stormed out of everyone. I wish I was her at that very moment, walking away from Queen and Chloe.

"The bag," I got reminded of Queen again, demanding the shopping bag that contained the gift Damian bought for me. I shook my head frantically, hoping I could run to the gate on time and knock hard.

"Did she just say no to me?" Queen asked, stunned while looking at Chloe. "She thinks she's something because Damian decided to hang out with the likes of her."