───※ ·20· ※───

MIX AND MAX is officially 5k reads!

───※ ·❆· ※───

I couldn't contain how excited I was to go over to Damian's place again. I remembered how Damian asked if I was ready once it was closing hours and how Chuks and Stella did the answering for me. Damian was the first to come down from his car while I followed afterward. It wasn't my first time at his home but I was still awestruck by the size of it.

I could see the maids going about their daily routine as Damian led the way to the living room. I made a note to self not to call his maids maids, cause of how he'd reacted last time. Damian began walking to the staircase. I wasn't surprised, since I'd expected us to study in his room.

"Welcome," A crystal clear voice stopped us from taking the first step and we both turned to see someone which made my smile dim. "Sir."

Sir? The last time I was here, she was acting like a professional maid while throwing the word 'Young Master' around. What happened to her?

"I'll be upstairs, Chisom." It was unfortunate I got reminded of her name again by Damian. "Fix us some fruit, snacks, and healthy smoothies."

Chisom maneuvered her gaze from Damian and landed it on me with an unpleasant look on her face. "Yes sir."

"Nsikan," Damian called. I quickly looked at him, before nodding. He began leading the way again to his room. Damian led me to his room and closed the door behind us. I stood still, awkward even, as I began rocking back and forth with the heel and toe of my feet.

"What are you doing?" Damian casually asked, before pulling his backpack and placing it on his reading table. "You know you can sit, right?"

"Yeah! I know that!" I began laughing awkwardly as I moved over to his bed and sat on it. I bit my lower lip as I watched Damian move to his bookshelf and slid out a few textbooks from it.

"Damian," I quietly called, while fidgeting with my fingers. I had a question that was eating me up.

"Yes," Damian answered curtly, still hovering over his bookshelf.

"Why..." I trailed, hesitating a little. "Why did you choose to be my tutor?"

Damian stopped what he was doing, and turned around to look at me. "Don't you need one?"

"I do!" I sat upright, trying to clear off any miscommunication. "I do. Just that I thought you wouldn't want to be my tutor again."

"Why do you think that?" Damian sighed, moving over to his reading table, to drop the textbooks there, while picking up the one he requires.

"I didn't impress you during the tryout." My voice was barely above a whisper, but it seemed Damian heard me.

Damian held the textbook, then rested his body on his reading table while using his strong arms as support. "I was impressed."

"But-" My mouth ran dry. I pushed the bile down my throat and forced myself to speak. "But I failed, and you left."

"For a different reason," Damian leaned away from his reading table and began walking toward where I was seated. "I wasn't focusing on the result when I asked you to impress me."

"So..." I trailed once more. "My failure impressed you?"

"No," Damian shook his head. Once he finally got to his bed space, he sat across me and placed the textbook in his hand, between us. "The determination you showed just to get a good score at the tryout, impressed me."

"You see," Damian folded his arms, to stare straight into my dark obs. "I was ready to pull you out of the competition if you weren't fit to join, and that still won't stop me from being your tutor."