───※ ·5· ※───

HAPPY NEW YEAR 🍾

───※ ·❆· ※───

Having eyes on you would make you feel important, right? Wrong. Instead, I felt like a lab rat filled with anxiety on a future test project. Ever since the conversation I had with Mr. Akan, I'd been feeling down. It felt like a truck fell on me or something. I wasn't that Happy after my conversation with Damian, that was how sad I was.

"Maybe the Trix attacked her again?" Chuks guessed with him and Stella's gaze still glued on my face.

"Doubt that, the Trix were in class the whole time." Stella shook her head, then tilted it to the side to have a better look at me.

Once the alarm rang indicating the end of school hours, I refused to get up which surprised Stella. I was usually one of the first to stand up once it was closing hours even though I won't leave the class immediately. Stella must have noticed me moping during classes and seeing that I refused to get up and leave class even after closing hours, she decided to dial Chuks. Now, they were both studying me with their gazes while taking guesses about what was wrong with me.

"Am I a blockhead?" I asked quietly, as I couldn't help but mope.

"Well..." Chuks dragged, while Stella coughed awkwardly.

Their answers weren't getting to me. It was a rhetorical question, I knew what the answer was. "Am I easily distracted? A no good?"

I felt a hand on top of mine and I lifted my head to meet Stella's eyes. She had a warm smile attached to her face as she tried her best to calm me down.

"You are not a blockhead, Nsikan. You just haven't found the push yet. Who got to you?" She leaned in closer. "You are hardly this down when the stupid Trix pulls their stupid tricks on you."

"Yeah," Chuks said softly. "What got you down, love?"

I remained quiet. It wasn't like I was embarrassed to say it out loud. They were my best friends and had seen me do the most embarrassing things in my life. It was just that I felt ashamed. Like I was worthless and I hated those feelings.

"It's Mr. Akan," I started in a small voice. "He reminded me of how bad my grades were slipping and how I might not pass the upcoming mock exams and Waec."

"That shouldn't be a problem, Nsikan," Stella held my shoulder and patted it gently. "We'll just have to schedule more night reading."

"So she'd sleep more?" Chuks asked, next he lifted his index finger to her and began wriggling it to each side. "No honey, that won't work. Every time we force her to study when we are studying, she either sleeps or daydreams."

"Mr. Akan said every teacher complained about how I'm easily distracted." I sighed in defeat. "I'm a lost cause, a lost one! I couldn't even be happy that Damian took my Coke because of this."

"That's it!" Stella snapped her fingers. "God, I'm a genius!"

Chuks and I shared a glance, then directed it to Stella. "What distract you? Well... many things. But, Damian takes like seventy percent of your distracted, doesn't he?"

"More or less," I shrugged, a bit grateful that I wasn't feeling too down like earlier.

"The reason you can't study alone is that you hate studying and end up getting entertained with thoughts of Damian." She wasn't wrong with that theory. "The reason why you can't study with us," She pointed at herself and Chuks. "It's because... well... you still hate studying and decide to distract yourself with Damian."

"So where are you going with this?" Chuks asked, blowing invisible dirt off his nails.

Bang!