───※ ·6· ※───

The alarm sounded for lunch break, forcing Stella and me to rush out of the class to go pay Chuks a visit. We got to Ss3 Arts class and spied through the rectangular see-through window at the top of the classroom door, to see if a teacher was in their class or not. Seeing there was no teacher, Stella and me, proceeded in.

I noticed how the Ss3 Arts students usually stay in class till the middle of lunch break before they decide that the cafeteria existed. They were very organized, unlike us.

"Chuks!" I yelled in joy while Stella waved frantically as if we'd never seen Chuks for years. Chuks was seen talking to a darker and skinnier boy with glasses.

"Hey babes," Chuks waved with his fingers as Stella and me, approached his desk. "Later Manuel, the queens are here."

I held my chin up high as I couldn't stop smiling at Chuks' compliment. Stella probably found it normal as she stared sharply at Manuel to move so we'd sit with Chuks.

"No p," Manuel said as he got up. His eyes lingered on Stella for a little while, before finally leaving.

"So babes, how'd it go?" Chuks adjusted so Stella and I would sit in his seat. I pushed Stella and chanced her so I'd sit beside Chuks which made me in the middle of both my friends. My life, my center part.

"Horrible, devastating!" I grumbled, hugging Chuks and crying fake tears on his shoulder.

"Nsikan!" A middle-sized girl scolded at the back. I lifted my head from Chuks shoulder and gave the girl at the back an awkward smile.

"Sorry," I laughed awkwardly at her, then turned to my best friend to say in a much quieter voice. "It went wrong, Chuks. Damian didn't even look at me."

"True, I was there." Stella nodded. "You said you have plan B, right?"

"I always have plan B," Chuks dusted his shoulders from invisible dust. "We'll go back to the classic."

Stella and I stared at each other, then back at Chuks. "What's the classic?"

It looked like we'd just asked an abominable question with the way Chuks was gasping at us. "Seriously? How are you both my best friends?!"

"Calm down dramatic king," Stella gestured with her hand. "Just tell us what the classic is."

Chuks stared bewildered at Stella and me, then let out a long sigh. "The classic is literally the best way to meet your soul mate in the law of movies and books. It involves bumping into Damian and letting the books in your hand fall on the floor so when Damian joins you to help with your books, you both will stare at each other's eyes while making subtly skin contact with your fingers."

"Oh my God," Stella shivered. "That's so cliché that I want to throw up."

Chuks glared at Stella and I quickly moved directly to his line of vision so he'd focus on me alone. "Will it work?"

"Am I a genius?" Chuks answered my question with a question.

"So... no?" Chuks sharp gaze landed on me and I couldn't help but laugh hard.

"Where is Damian?" Chuks asked.

"Cafeteria, I think." I pointed at his classroom door as if the cafeteria was right outside his class.

"Okay, your plan is to go to the cafeteria now and wait for him by the door. When you see him coming, bump into him and let your books fall on purpose. Here," Chuks reached for his backpack and started bringing out series of huge textbooks. It was five in total and looked quite heavy. "Don't forget to brush his hands with yours when he bends to help you out. When you do that, make. eye. contact."