───※ ·30· ※───

I sat on the dining chair, feeling a bit hesitant to eat the toasted bread sitting on a small ceramic plate and drink the cup of honey tea on my table mat. It was finally Friday, and of course, very nerve-wracking. All I could feel was my heart beating so fast, like I'd just run a race, surpassing Usain Bolt.

"Why aren't you eating?" Mother inquired casually while eating her breakfast.

"Must I go to school today?" I was tired of staying at home, but I also didn't want to face what was waiting for me in school. The bandage around my ankle was now gone, and I could walk, though I still felt a slight pain in it.

"You have to." Mum stopped to look me in the eye. "I need to see the parents of the children who thought it was okay to treat my baby as trash. You know that, right?"

I did, so I gave a small nod and bit my lower lip. "Look, love, I'll be there soon enough, I promise."

That was right. Mum had an appointment this morning and won't be able to go to school right away. That was the main reason I was paranoid. I thought she'd come with me to make things better.

"I also want to see your tutor; I missed him the other time." I groaned loudly, which made my mother smile a bit. I guess her comment was made to divert my worries.

"It's not his fault that he's good-looking, mummy." I groaned louder, then quickly ate my toast and drank my tea before reaching for my backpack. "At least he's not using his looks to take advantage of others."

With that, I got up, moved to my mother, and pecked her cheeks. "Bye!"

"Bye. And I don't care about you defending him; I need to meet him." She was playful, so I couldn't take her seriously. I hung up my bag and strolled out of the living room.

I sat in the backseat of the car while scrolling through WhatsApp. Damian had collected my number and saved it. I noticed he hardly posted anything on his status aside from depressing quotes he got from random sites. Like last night, for example, there was a post he kept on his status that read, 'Happiness was never meant for all' and 'Grey clouds are the most beautiful type of weather'. It made me realise he was still going through some things he wasn't ready to open up about, and I was here, selfishly acting like I had the biggest issue in the world.

Sassy King
I hope you're coming to school today.
-7:15am

Chuk's message popped up while scrolling, and I clicked to respond. I took a selfie of me in my car and sent it to him with the caption, 'Of course!'.

Chuks sent a red heart emoji soon after. I looked at the selfie I'd sent to him and saw that it was surprisingly good. Compared to glasses, contact lenses fitted me better, which was why I never dared to wear glasses to school. Seeing how good the picture was, I decided to post it on my status with the caption 'off to school'. I hadn't posted anything on my status since Damian collected my number. It wasn't like I didn't try, but all the pictures I snapped were ugly. Maybe it was because I was trying too hard to do random poses I hadn't tried before.

Seconds passed, and I already had four views. One from Chuks, the other two from some random guys I'd met online, and the last one from...

"You look beautiful!" I exclaimed at the message that just popped in. I would've given a normal reaction if it was from someone else, but coming from Damian, that message sent my jaw to the ground. I couldn't respond immediately because all I could do was stare at his message on my phone. This was the first time he was chatting with me, and he started it with a compliment. I felt myself getting flustered and didn't know when the smile I was trying to hide turned into a full grin.

Charming Prince
Wow, I never knew I'd be kept on read.
-7:25am

I began to panic as I fumbled with my keyboard. I had the habit of giving weird names to contacts that meant something to me. To Stella, I gave the name Sunny Queen. To Chuks, I gave the name Sassy King. And now I gave the name Charming Prince to Damian. It was cheesy, I know. But I liked it that way.