───※ ·Epilogue· ※───

Six months later...

Mother was someone who wanted significance in everything. She wanted her wedding to be special and be the talk of the town. She wanted people to gather at her event instead of spending time with their families.

It was December, twenty-fifth. Yup, my mother thought it'd be best to get married on the twenty-fifth. The hall was decorated with green and red, and a large cake with the figures of a man in a suit and a woman in a wedding dress was planted on it. I was asked by my mother to check on the development of everything going on in the hall while her overly expensive makeup artists did their work. The blessing of marriage at the church hasn't started yet, so I knew I had enough time to inspect.

"Everything's set." I turned to Thompson, who was also asked by my mother to come check if everything was intact. "The wedding planner did everything she promised she'd do."

"So we can head over to the church?" Thompson nodded, and we both turned to the exit. "I swear, Mummy is going to pay me."

"You should call your boyfriend; he says you're not picking up his call." I quickly dug my hand into my purse after his announcement and groaned when I noticed I'd placed my phone on silent.

Thompson and I got to the car, and the driver didn't wait long before hitting the road. I was the happiest person on earth when I got admission to university with my friends, especially Damian. I didn't get into nursing, though, which was the down part of it all. My marks weren't high enough. Although I couldn't get into nursing, I was satisfied with the Microbiology offered to me.

"Boo, what's up?" I looked out the windows. Both Thompson and I haven't dressed for our parents' wedding. We planned to do it at the hotel mother had booked for her guest coming from far away. The hotel wasn't far from the church, making everything convenient.

"Everything's okay. I'm at the church. Where are you?" He questioned.

"Thompson and I are on our way to the hotel to change so we can head over to the church." I smiled, wishing Damian could see my reaction. "Don't miss me too much."

"I can't help it," my heart fluttered. "Stella said you should hurry up."

"I will, and tell her thank you for the makeup artist. I love you," I said, blowing a kiss.

"I love you too," the call ended. I turned to Thompson, who was busy scrunching his face at me.

"What?"

"You both make relationships sweet," he scoffed. I exhaled. Thompson and Stella weren't dating, but it was obvious they both liked each other. "Did Stella recommend the make-up artist?"

I nodded. "Mother loved the make-up on her face during the graduation ceremony and asked Stella for her make-up artist contact. Stella had to get the number from Danielle."

"But the makeup on your face was equally good," the driver said as he turned and drove into the hotel premises.

I let out a shrug. "Maybe Mummy wanted something new."

Thompson and I got down, and we both raced to the hotel and checked into our rooms so we could rush our dressing. Mother had booked the same makeup artist for me, and I knew I had more than three hours to go before I could meet Damian at the church.

───※ ·❆· ※───

I looked at my mother, who was being escorted by my grandfather to meet her husband at the altar. Her wedding gown was dazzling and fitted her extravagant lifestyle. I stood beside my mother because I was her chief bridesmaid.