───※ ·4· ※───

Merry Christmas 🎄

───※ ·❆· ※───

Stella and I walked into the school lobby a few minutes after assembly because we'd stopped Chuks earlier to talk about how my encounter with Damian would look like. Too bad we didn't have a conclusion at the end, except that I must buy coke.

"What if we buy it during his swimming practice?" I suggested, but Stella shook her head.

"I don't think he'd want something with gas before diving into the school's pool." I placed my hands below my chin with thought as we both opened the door to the already-filled classroom.

Damian was already in class and he was reading his novel as usual with Thompson and Muller beside him. I noticed how he tilted his head to the side but it wasn't like he'd look at Stella and me anyways.

"Should we approach him now?" I whispered into Stella's ear as we both stood at the class entrance.

"No my young grasshopper, be patient." She patted my shoulders and urged me to go to our seats with her beside me. "And stop saying we, it's a you situation.

I smiled sheepishly as we both sat down with Omolara who was already present. "Welcome back Stella."

"Thanks, love," Stella smiles back at her. She began scanning the class and when she finally saw what she was looking for, she gave her target the middle finger. Turned out to be the Trix.

Way to anger the beast, Stella.

I almost banged my head on my desk because I knew this act of Stella would make the Trix go hard on me.

"Stop making it worst," I groaned, placing my hand on my desk. "They'll only come twice as hard when you're not with me."

"You're lucky to have Stella, Nsikan." A dead voice mumbled. No surprise it belonged to Omolara. I shook my head. Of course, Omolara would talk. "Without her, Queen and her servants would have killed you."

I lifted my head to glare at Omolara. "No, they won't."

"Listen to her Nsikan, she's right." Stella decided to rain on my parade. She was my best friend, not Omolara's. She was meant to defend and support me forever.

"Why?" I asked, then turned to look at Omolara for a second. "She's the weird one."

"You are weird," Omolara snapped. "Not me."

Stella and I looked at each other for a second, then started laughing. "Oh dear, dear, Lara, you are the definition of weird. Yesterday you were talking about something that had to do with a tunnel. Did you murder someone there or something?"

"No! It was because I was trying to come up with something for the English assignment!" Omolara seemed upset with the way I came at her and I fell quiet, feeling guilty for my action. Omolara to prove her point, brought out her phone and showed me the message on our class group chat. "Elue posted our assignment almost immediately and I saw it before leaving class and was trying to come up with something!"

This was the first time Omolara was talking normally to me and the worst part was she was angry at me. "Okay, okay, sorry."

"Sorry," Stella leaned towards me to have a better look at Omolara since I was seated in the middle. "We won't call you weird again."

Stella didn't but I did. But I also think she'd used the word 'we' because I was her friend and my trouble was her trouble.

The door flew open and I gulped upon seeing Mr. Akan, the Geography teacher who was also our class teacher. His presence alone reminded me of my now shattered and long-gone Geography notebook.