───※ ·43· ※───

A lot of people referred to me as someone smart and right in every judgment. But in reality, I tremble before giving my takeout, which is why I make my advice open enough for the person to make the final decision so I won't feel too guilty if the outcome ends badly.

This was one of those days. After checking up on my mother, I'd gone over to Joshua's place for a visit. There, he'd given me a clearer view of what he'd found, and it was indeed from Elue.

Now I was in school contemplating if I should talk to Elue. Or Nisikan about it?

"Earth to you, dude." Thompson nudged me a little, and I looked up at him. "Why are you spacing out?"

"Nothing," I said as I adjusted in my seat.

"Nothing?" Muller asked. "He was calling you for three good times. Is your mum okay?"

I nodded, then said nothing for a while. "Can you both get Omolara, Stella, and Chuks next period?"

"Why?" Muller leaned in. "Want some alone time with Nsikan?"

A small scoff escaped my lips. "No, I want some alone time with the group, but without Nsikan."

Thompson and Muller looked at each other for a while, then at me. "You don't like her again?"

"Of course I do," I said almost immediately, "more than anyone could imagine."

"Then why without her?" Muller asked curiously, while Thompson had a soft smile on. I ignored both expressions.

"I've got something to say; that's why," I said instead.

"It will be hard to separate Nsikan from her best friends," Thompson reasoned. "What excuse can we give?"

My brows furrowed in thought. I glanced a little at the back, then back at my friends. "We aren't taking Elue with us, so you both can tell her that we want to talk to Stella about her attitude towards Elue, and she should keep Elue company while we do that."

"But are we really going to talk some sense into Stella?" Muller questioned, "Because she's being so unreasonable."

"No, she's not," I muttered.

"What'd you say?"

"Nothing," I said, shaking my head. "Just do as I say."

I turned to the board and stared at it deeply, irrespective of Thompson's questionable gaze, boring holes in the side of my face. It was good he was keeping his questions to himself because the only person who could answer whatever question he had was Elue herself.

───※ ·❆· ※───

We all sat on the football field at the sports complex, away from some other students present there. The excuse had worked perfectly well. Nsikan was happy we were going to talk to Stella about her behaviour towards Elue. Stella, who thought we were ganging up against her, had a deep frown on her face.

"I've got my right." Stella opened her mouth before I could. "I have the right to hate anyone I want to hate and like anyone I want to like. Is it by force?"

I sighed, clasping my hands together. "This meeting is not for that."

Chuks, Stella, and Omolara had confused looks. The reason I let Omolara join was that I needed another level-headed person aside from Thompson. The others were intelligent but sometimes did things before thinking.

"Then what's the reason?" Chuks lifted a brow. "I was in the middle of doing nothing when these two came to my class."

"It's about Elue," I said, looking at all of them. Stella frowns deeply. Though we weren't here to lecture her, Elue's name was still mentioned.