───※ ·2· ※───

───※ ·DAMIAN· ※───

Knock knock,

Ignoring the sound on the door as I turned to face the other side of my bed.

Knock knock,

"Young master," My eyes opened at the strange voice but I chose to sit on my bed while resting my back against the headrest to collect my thoughts, instead of answering whoever was behind the door.

Knock knock,

"Young master," I groaned inwardly knowing this person won't stop. I stepped out of bed, wore my indoor palm, and moved over to the door to open it, only to see a fair girl my age. "Young master."

"Who are you?" My voice came out cold and the girl took a step back out of instinct.

"I'm Chisom, the new help. I greeted you yesterday when you came back from school." She tried not to fumble with her words.

"What are you doing here?" The same emotions were attached to my voice and she visibly gulped.

"Your mother said you always get up from bed around seven and I-I'm here to wake you up." I turned to look at the alarm clock that was lit on my bed stand, then looked back at the girl.

"It's six forty-five," I said to her.

Her eyes widened as she dug her hand into the pocket of her apron to bring out a small buttoned phone. "It says seven o'clock, I'm so sorry young master."

I shook my head and closed the door at her with no warning. I couldn't sleep again, so I decided to hit the shower. I was done quickly and came out to put on the uniform that consisted of black penciled tailored trousers, a white long-sleeve, and a black silky jacket that had the school's imprinted logo on it. Reaching for my backpack on the bag rack, I hung it on one shoulder and walked out of the room.

Approaching the empty living room, I sat down and waited for the helps to begin filling the table with various kinds of breakfast.

"Morning honey," I felt a kiss on the back of my head before mother moved to sit at the edge of the table. "Earlier than usual, I see. How was your night?"

"Blame it on the new maid," I muttered but not enough for mum to hear. The help looked like someone in need of a job and it would be bad to get fired the second day. "It was fine."

Our table began to get filled with various kinds of breakfast and I decided to go with a plain slice of bread and a cup of tea.

"The media would be coming to the hospital today to take note on the announced day to reveal the new chairman." Mother said casually and I paused the sliced bread mid-way before placing it back on its ceramic plate. "I've decided to step on as the acting chairman until you are done with school."

"Mother-"

"It's fine," She placed her hand on my left hand which was on the dining table. "Just promise me that you'll continue your studies without distraction and take over once you're done with school. You're the last hope of continuing our great legacy, Damian. Your uncle will stop at nothing to see he has the main hospital at his fingertips."

Looking at my untouched bread, I took a long breath and nodded. "Promise."

"That's it!" Mother chirped, having a better look after I'd made my promise. "Now eat so you won't be late for school."

"I can't be late for school," I responded with a small voice since I was an hour early.

───※ ·❆· ※───