───※ ·19· ※───

She's standing over there.

Like me? Is he referring to me? Am I standing over where I'm standing?

I conflicted with my head while watching Damian pin his beautiful gaze at me. Everyone else in the class was also looking at me and the person not having it was Queen and the blazing fire coming from her eyes. Right this moment, she reminded me of some tigress ready to hunt me down.

"Move," Stella whispered while smiling sheepishly. Move to where exactly? With the way Queen was looking at me, it was best I remained fixated on my spot. Stella tried pushing me again but I shook my head rapidly. What was she thinking?

"Move abeg!" This time, she pushed me greatly, making me stagger forward and hitting my knee hard on a classmate's desk. The impact of my knee on their desk was so great that I had to hop around while trying to distract myself from the pain. I turned to Stella who was whistling while facing the other side. Knowing I could do nothing to her, I turned to Damian's seat with a brave face, even though I was crying in my head cause my knee hurt like crazy.

Damian had been watching me this whole time and realizing that made me a bit awkward. I wasn't sure how to react.

"Morning," I gulped, once I got to Damian's desk. Thompson had a small smile on his face, Queen had a large frown on her face, and Muller wasn't even looking in my direction, probably because he was still mad. And Damian? Damian was acting like the words in his novel were written on my face.

"You saw me earlier today," Damian said bluntly. "You didn't say a word."

How could I tell him that I didn't say a word because I thought he wanted nothing to do with me? I guess Muller was right, my friends and I do jump to conclusions.

"Come on, Damian." Queen flapped her hands, unknowingly saving me from Damian's questions. "It's Nsikan. She probably has like about five tutors knowing how she sucks at all subjects."

I let my head dip a little. I knew I was the dullest in my class but getting a constant reminder of that fact hurt.

"I don't know why you're still here," I heard Muller say. "No one wants you."

"Excuse you?" I lifted my head in time to see Muller arching his brows at Queen, daring her to speak further but all she did was hiss and roll her eyes.

"Do you have one?" My attention moved to Damian.

"Huh?" I asked, confused at his sudden question.

"A tutor," Damian said, his tone even. "Do you have one?"

"Oh," I tried to laugh it off, waving my hands awkwardly like some maniac. "No, I'm tutor free!"

"My God," I heard Stella groan at the back while imagining her face-palming herself.

I wanted to make my intentions clear to Damian, never wanted my voice to end up being pitched at the end. But it did and the embarrassment of that made Stella groan. Thompson chuckled at Stella's reaction while Queen did the opposite. Her face made me want to regret the answers I gave. She obviously wanted me to lie about having a tutor and if I'd seen her face before my response, I was sure to lie. She was that scary.

Damian on the other hand surprisingly looked a bit more relaxed than earlier. I watched him nod his head before looking at his book. "Good."

I wanted to understand why he looked relieved for some reason. I should be the one having relief since he ended up being my tutor against all odds, but Stella appearing beside me pulled me out of that thought. She pulled the crumpled newspaper I'd forgotten I was still holding, and swayed it at Queen's face.