───※ ·23· ※───

───※ ·DAMIAN· ※───

A period had two hours to it, with a free period not exempt. Nsikan and I had been in the library for an hour and a half, with me teaching her for just one hour straight. It was tough; Nsikan was a hard student. She tried to stay awake, and I tried not to let her gaze at me the majority of the time. Once I was done with my Biology teaching, I decided to test her with some questions.

Now I was roaming the library and looking for other biology books to help out while I left her on our table, working.

"Damian?" I turned with three textbooks in my hand, only to see Elue standing there. I looked over her shoulder, expecting to see Queen and Chloe, but they were nowhere to be found.

"Are you going to holler Queen, that you found me?" I questioned her, turning my attention to the shelf in front of me.

"I'm not her town crier," she deadpanned, but I wasn't phased by that. "I saw you tutoring Nsikan."

Once I grabbed the book I needed, I turned to Elue, and I fell quiet. Elue rolled her eyes a bit and then sighed. "It's nice. I mean, she needs the tutoring, unlike Queen."

"Aren't you going to stick with your friend?" I asked dryly. "Isn't that what your guys do? Stick?" 

"Well, we do stick." She acknowledged that fact with a nod. "Even though I love Queen and Chloe, I do not support them when they go overboard. Like this one time when..."

I lifted a brow when Elue trailed but didn't finish. She brushed whatever she wanted to say off with her hand. "I'm no snitch. I should leave you now."

I nodded slowly. Elue waved goodbye and walked into another segment of the library. I held the four textbooks in my hands, wondering if it would be too much for Nsikan, as I moved over to our table.

Our table came into view, and I stopped momentarily before resuming my walk again. There was Nsikan, sleeping peacefully on the book she was supposed to be doing her task on.

Gently placing the textbooks on the table, I looked at the part her head wasn't covering to see if she was done with the exercise I gave her. I planned on sliding out the book but stopped when my attention was drawn to her sleeping face. A smile appeared on my lips as I sat close and quietly watched her.

"You're cute when you sleep, no," I whispered, correcting myself at the end. "You're beautiful when you sleep."

Nsikan stirred in her sleep but didn't wake up. That earned a small chuckle from me. I decided to gently pull the book from under her head as I let her have her rest.

───※ ·❆· ※───

The alarm rang across the library, indicating the current period was over and it was time for a new period. Nsikan stirred in her sleep before finally opening her eyes. Her eyes widen all of a sudden, and she quickly uses the back of her hand to wipe the side of her mouth.

"Sorry," she said, feeling a bit embarrassed for drooling. I only sighed and shifted her exercise sheet toward her. Anticipating what her score might be, she grabbed the sheet from the table and almost used it to cover her face. "Four..." 

"Over twenty," I said, pulling the sheet down and bringing it closer to me. "That's progress." 

"I had four," she slowly said, as if the scores weren't sinking into my head.

I nodded slowly. "I expected less."

"Lesser than four over twenty?" She asked in disbelief, and I nodded. "Like zero?"