───※ ·24· ※───

I woke up to the sound of my alarm, but I didn't want to get out of bed. I had some pains in my tummy as I could feel the substance flowing out.

"No," I groaned, looking at the stain on my bed. But that was momentarily over when I felt another sharp pain.

"Bathroom," I mumbled in pain, then slowly moved into my adjoining bathroom and sat on the toilet seat while clutching my stomach in agonizing pain.

I hated seeing my period. Whenever that occurs, I usually wish I was a boy. But if I were a boy, then there'd be no Damian. Speaking of Damian, I wanted to look my best today by rubbing on some brown powder and putting on lip gloss to try and look pretty. But now that was a mission impossible, and I'd have to go to school looking like a zombie.

Damian had been teaching me for days now, and surprisingly, my score had been improving. Yesterday, he taught me math and gave me some exercise, and I surprisingly had sixteen over twenty. Me?! When I showed it to Chuks, he glanced at it and nodded in approval, while Stella kept saying that the world was about to end.

Damian wasn't chatty the majority of the time, but he seemed more free with me as time went by. Sometimes I caught him staring, but I believed that was because he was wondering how a girl could be so ugly. Nah, he probably wasn't thinking that. Damian was a sweetheart in his own way, which was why I had a massive crush on him. But it wasn't like I could stop my insecure mind; I was surrounded by people way prettier than me.

Nsikan, what are you doing in there?" I heard my mother yell from my room as I walked out with a towel around my chest. Mother was all dressed up, wearing a lilac overall and silver heels. She had no makeup on and no false eyelashes, yet she looked like a goddess that'd fallen from the sky.

God, why? Who did I offend in my past lives?

"Nsikan!" Mum yelled.

"Huh?" I blinked, with my mother arching her brows at me.

"I've been calling for ages," Mum snarled, then paused to give me a look. "What's wrong, baby? Are you okay?"

I sighed with a nod as I moved over to my wardrobe to grab my uniform, which the maid had ironed for me. "Just that time of the month. And it's more painful now."

"Why wouldn't it be?" Mum gave an accusing tone. "When you ate a bucket of ice cream yesterday night, at the dining table."

"I was reading." I turned, trying to defend myself.

Mother scoffed, "Who reads with a bucket of ice cream?"

"Me!" I pointed at my chest. "Reading is so boring, and I needed ice cream to distract me from the boredom so I'd know about what I was reading so I wouldn't disappoint my tutor."

"Now who's suffering?" Mother pointed at me. "Anyways, that's that. Anything to make your grades go up is fine by me. If the pain is so unbearable, you can go to my room and get some painkillers, though we both know you won't take that."

I nodded at that fact while looking at my mom. "Where are you going?"

Mother gave me her infamously beautiful smile. "Glad you ask. I'm going on a date."

"But-" I started but stopped to grasp my phone, which was on my bed. "It's just past seven. Who goes on a date in the morning?"

"It's called a breakfast date, honey." Mum turned to leave my room. I watched as she slammed the door shut, and I turned, ready to get dressed for school.

───※ ·❆· ※───

I stared at the school building with my hands clutched around my stomach. Today, of all days that I thought I'd look a bit decent, I ended up looking like a zombie. The school was packed, probably because I arrived a bit late.