───※ ·7· ※───

───※ ·DAMIAN· ※───

Why was I helping Nsikan again? To be honest, I wasn't sure. She'd acted stranger than her usual self during the Chemistry lab and in front of the cafeteria. It's funny how she'd thought I wasn't aware of her pinning her bracelet on my sleeve. She wasn't subtle enough, especially when Thompson drew my attention to it by distracting me at Mr. Emma's class when he said he couldn't understand a thing.

After the incident that happened during the last minute of lunch break, I paid little extra attention to Nsikan cause I felt bad that I'd dropped her after she'd bumped into me, for reasons unknown to me. I noticed how she'd left class when Thompson kept talking to me about how Muller's words towards Chuks, angered Stella. Minutes after Nsikan had left the class, Queen, Elue, and Chloe, followed suit. I'd sat still, reminding myself that it wasn't my business, but I still wanted to confront Nsikan and demand what she wanted from me. So I stood up, excused my friends, and left the class.

I guess that was a good thing. If I hadn't, Nsikan would've been seen with a black eye. It turned out she just wanted me to be her tutor after I'd confronted her once I got Queen and her friends away from her. If that was the only reason, why didn't she just ask? Yeah, there was a huge chance of me refusing but if she'd played her cards right, I'd have accepted. I kept thinking about the tricks she played on me today and how she thought it'd make me tutor her. If anything, I'd want to stay far away from her as possible.

The driver drove into my compound and I was surprised to see my mother's car present. Not just hers, but also my uncle's. What was he doing here? I got down and eyed my uncle's car with distaste, before matching into the house. I stepped into the living room and the workers present greeted me politely.

"Welcome, young master." Chisom, the only worker my age, walked up to greet me personally.

"Where's my mother?" I asked, looking around the place.

"She's having a meeting with someone, young master." I scoffed, knowing quite well who the someone was.

"Where are they?" I demanded, pulling my backpack off of my shoulders.

"The garden, young master." I wasn't sure why she kept calling me that. Sir was shorter and less irritating.

"Help take this to my room," I handed my backpack over to her, which she took and held on her chest like it was some kind of egg. I shook my head and left her in the living room, as I matched over to use the kitchen door to head out the back.

Moving closer to the garden, I paused. It was indeed my uncle and he was with my mother. My mother was standing, her back turned to my uncle as she refused to look at him and none took notice of my presence, since I wasn't in their line of vision.

"Health care isn't enough for me, Perpetual. I'm worth more than a health care center." Irrespective of my uncle's tone being anything but friendly, mother still refuses to face him.

"I wonder why you're complaining now," Mother intertwined her fingers behind her, as she spoke calmly. "You've been working in that center ever since my husband was alive."

"Which caused his death!" Uncle exclaimed, spreading his arms out of frustration. "My brother, your husband, was weak! He was just too weak and that's why he got killed like a fly!"

"Watch your mouth!" My mother's voice boomed with anger as she turned to face my uncle with blazing eyes.

Uncle sighed, "You are a woman, women aren't fit for this kind of business. You can't run the main hospital and your son? I don't think he can handle the intensity, you both can't. You'll drain with so much work-"