───※ ·25· ※───

I was a bit nervous as I tried doing the exercise Damian had prepared for me. It was closing hours, and we were left behind in school to continue our tutoring session. My stomach had subsided; thank goodness for that.

Why was I nervous, you might ask? Damian had called me beautiful in front of the class this morning, and that was still in my head. I knew he must have done that to stop Queen from talking, but he sounded genuine.

"Nsikan," I blinked, looking up to see Damian already staring. He sighed, leaning forward toward the table that separated us. "Are you okay?"

"Very fine," I chucked, trying to hide my nervousness.

"You haven't answered one question," he said as a matter of fact. I looked at the exercise he'd compiled for me, and I sighed. Why did he have to call me beautiful in front of the whole class?

"I um..." I started, not sure of what to say. "I'm getting distracted."

Damian stared at me curiously and asked, "With what?"

"Everything," I whispered in a hushed tone so he wouldn't hear me while lowering my head. "Why did he have to call me beautiful?"

Sighing, I decided to lift my head so I could continue the exercise, only to see Damian having a small smile and an evident eye smile.

Did he hear?

"How about we end it for today?" Damian asked, taking my lesson notes from me. "It's not like you don't know the answers already."

I'd been doing well with my studies, thanks to Damian. I haven't done any official tests from school, but I've been getting good scores from the exercises he'd been setting.

"No," I rushed to tell him. I didn't want to go home now; what would I do at home? I wanted to spend some time with him. "I want to continue."

"You're clearly distracted, Nsikan, and it won't do us any good." Damian brushed it off. "Let's end it here."

I watched Damian as he got up to put his textbooks in his backpack while turning to return the other books he'd taken from the shelves. Sighing, I decided to put my books in my backpack too.

Once Damian was done, we decided to head out of the library. The school was almost empty because most students had gone home.

We got to the parking lot, and I stood fixated on the ground, scrolling my screen.

"Your ride's not here?" Damian asked, and I shook my head quietly.

"I told him to come by six because of our tutorials," I said quietly. We finished earlier than expected because of my lack of concentration. I'd have to call my driver and wait for him to get here.

Damian creased his brows, as if in thought, before saying "I could've given you a ride, but I'm going to the mall for something."

"It's fine." I tried to laugh it off. "I'm fine; I can wait all by myself."

Damian nodded and turned, heading in the direction of his car parked at a distance. I lowered my head while scrolling through my phone in search of the driver's number.

"On second thought," I quickly lifted my head at the sound of Damian's voice. "Would you like to go with me?"

"Go out?" I blurted and coughed. Damian let out a small scoff and shook his head. "I meant to go to the mall with you?"

"Yes," he said with a smile on his face. "I can drop you off afterward."

"Yes!" I exclaimed. I'd be a fool not to go out with him, though it wasn't an outing per se.