How it Goes

HELLO MY LOVELY VIEWER'S AND EVEN MORE LOVELY REVEIWERS. HERES YET ANOTHER CHAPTER!

THIRD P.O.V

The elders were all sitting down sipping their afternoon herbal tea. It had been fifteen days since the dog demon Alex had come to their city. Hideaki had seen that she, if trained and taught, could be the answer. To what still alluded the other two elders? The two now were sitting as far as they could from each other shooting glares back and forth.

Hideaki asked Isamu personally to teach Alex to use her senses to the fullest of her abilities. Isamu had at first denied his request but after a few, honeyed and sensible, words Isamu agreed.

The first three days were brutal for the young pup. If she were human she would have fainted from exhaustion and have had many bruises. But she was full blooded demon and only started to break a sweat by the afternoon, no earlier.

Isamu was hard on the girl, usually Hideaki would of stepped in and told Isamu not to let his temper rule him but the sooner Alex was trained the better. On the fourth day Alex had heard Hideaki coming and greeted him. On the fifth day she could always hear when Isamu would pounce. She, however, couldn't keep tract of him but that's wasn't so unusual since Isamu was very stealthy in the trees.

The sixth day Isamu switched their rolls. She was to roam around the forest and catch him off guard. Isamu, with every failed attempt, would catch Alex by arm or leg and hurl her back into the forest. Alex would get mad but she never quite. Jun had decided to look in on her and was surprised when Alex, after a particularly rough up by Isamu, was sitting criss cross meditating as a way to ebb her anger away.

They never stopped training, not even in the night. It wasn't until the seventh day that both Isamu and Alex decided to sleep for the night. Alex, being a stronger demon then Isamu, didn't need the sleep. Isamu, though his pride would never admit it, was exhausted from the constant dodging and sneaking.

On the eighth day Alex finally was able to sneak up on Isamu. Before when she would try using her gravity powers to make her weightless the branches around her would make noise and move about or rocks would float off the ground. Alex was able to focus her gravity powers within herself. By placing a ball of energy in the pit of her stomach she could use her powers to only affect her and do it using minimal energy and focused.

Isamu was beyond angered when he was so soon beaten. The next lesson was conducted by the Elder Jun. She allowed Alex to smell a scarf that was ordinary in every way but it smelled of baked bread and soy. Which were very common smells with in the village. She then gave the scarf to a small boy and said that he was to run around the whole town then find a hiding place. He was promised a sweet roll for the next month for doing so he was more than eager. Alex was to sit with Jun for one hour before she was allowed to go and sniff out the child. Alex sniffed around the town getting confused sometimes and following the smell of someone who had just got back from the bakery or a food vendor. After many mistakes Alex finally sniffed out the little boy. He was hiding in the barker shop that she had pasted an hour ago ogling the sweet rolls.

The next test was similar, only this time she was blindfolded and had to wait three hours. The smell this time was jasmine, a common soap used, and burnt wood. The carrier of the smell was Mako this time, who was told not to jump around but to walk or run.

In the three hours Alex was blindfolded Jun had taught her of the monkey and ape treaty that she and her husband made four hundred years ago. She also told Alex of the history of the Calm Lands and the City of Peace.

Alex had even more trouble finding the sent and if she lost it she would have to stumble around and smell for it. Hikaru and Kaoru had stumbled across Alex and had a good laugh when she couldn't find a bridge that she fell off. They played hot and cold with her for thirty minutes before Alex threaten that she knew where they slept at night and would get revenge.