Whispers in the Dark

I could hear the cracking of lightning around myself dully for a few second before I felt the pain. My eyes flew open and I arched finding myself standing on my tip toes with my arms tied up above me. I opened my mouth in a soundless scream.

"Mom!" Shin screamed shrilly. I stopped and looked to the sound of his voice just barely able to see him but able to smell him. "It hurts mom!"

"What's happing? Koaru! Meru!" I gritted out trying desperately to not show that I was in pain and scared.

"I....." I heard Koaru said then growl in pain.

"They put us in a purifying chamber." Meru said the only one that sounded like they weren't in pain.

"No wonder....Meru....can you untie me?" I asked straining from my restraints to the point my arms were shaking.

"No, they made it where I can't I already tried."

"How long have we been out?" I asked.

"A day, I think. I can't exactly tell since I can't see the sun."

"Mo...m." Shin sobbed.

"I know Shin, calm down. We'll find a way out just hang tight. Where's the door?"

"There is no door, they rolled a bolder in the way, we can't move it."

"What about the walls?" I asked.

"Can't........it's not just holy men out there, it's witches and enchantresses."

"Can we, I don't know.......Errrr....dig a tunnel?" I asked.

"No....."

"Meru....come here." I said.

"Yes?" She said getting up coming face to face to me.

"What can we do?" I whispered even though I knew they could hear me.

"Nothing.....I honestly don't know how to help.....I know what their doing......" Meru said unable to look at me.

"Okay....Keep thinking...." I nodded my head looking at Shin.

"Mom?" He cried.

"Yes baby?"

"I'm scared of the dark." He whimpered.

"It's okay, I was scared of the dark till I was thirteen." I admitted.

"Could you keep talking to me?" He asked sniffling.

"Sure." I said but couldn't find words to say, so I sang. "Despite the lies that you're making. Your love is mine for the taking. My love is, just waiting. To turn your tears to roses. Despite the lies that you're making. Your love is mine for the taking. My love is, just waiting. To turn your tears to roses.

I will be the one that's gonna hold you. I will be the one that you run to. My love is, a burning, consuming fire. No! You'll never be alone. When darkness comes, I'll light the night with stars. Hear the whispers in the dark

No! You'll never be alone. When darkness comes, you know I'm never far. Hear the whispers in the dark. You feel so lonely and ragged. You lay here broken and naked. My love is, just waiting. To clothe you in crimson roses. I will be the one that's gonna find you. I will be the one that's gonna guide you. My love is a burning, consuming fire.

No! You'll never be alone. When darkness comes, I'll light the night with stars. Hear the whispers in the dark. No! You'll never be alone. When darkness comes, you know I'm never far. Hear the whispers in the dark

No! You'll never be alone. When darkness comes, I'll light the night with stars. Hear the whispers in the dark. No! You'll never be alone.When darkness comes, you know I'm never far. Hear the whispers in the dark. Whispers in the dark"

"AHHHHH!" Koaru and Shin screamed.

"WHAT'S HAPPENING MERU!" I yelled.

"He's being purified." She whispered tears falling down her cheek.

"Milady, I want you to know. It's been a pleasure serving you." He gasped before letting out a ear splitting scream. 

"Koaru!" I screamed. His body just, exploded into dust.

"Mom!" Shin wailed.

"Shin!" I yelled straining against the ropes above me. He screamed just as Koaru did and soon, there was two piles of dust in the room with me and Meru.

"Oh god.....it hurts so much! Meru! Why haven't I died yet?" I sobbed as the pure power in the air cracked across my body. I felt like I was being whipped but it hurt worse then Sesshomaru's whip could ever be.

"Your strong, it will take a lot more then this to purify you." Meru said getting up and fishing into my pocket.

"What are you doing?" I asked in a panic.

"The only thing I can to save you, putting back on your ring." She said reaching up and slipping on the ring. I was now dangling by my restraints but the pain I was feeling dulled exponentially.

"What? The ring, how will that save me?"

"It eats at your demonic aura because your soul is human. It can't make you human but it can make you close enough to where you will survive."

"NO! What about Koaru and Shin? Why didn't you think of this before they died! One of them could of worn it!"

"The ring wouldn't of worked on them. There's a reason that ring was so easy to get. No one sees it as useful cause no one has a soul contradictory to there body, it just brings out your true intentions."

"I don't want it! Take it off!" I screamed.

"Please Milady, I am sorry I failed you but you must live on! You can't let them beat you! Your people need you!"

"But I needed my friends!"

"They're still with you, they watch and guide you from the underworld! Please, just rest Milady. That deer demon ran off, hopefully he goes and get's help." She advised sitting back down.

"Prince? He got away? That's great, maybe he'll go and get Sesshomaru!" I said. 'But he'll be to late, they're gone now. Just another one of my friends dead and this time it was because they were with me.' I sobbed. I continued to cry on and on to the point I was about to throw up. 'How could this happen? Why? How did they find us? I mean, we weren't to close to the camp.' I questioned.

SESSHOMARU P.O.V.

The North and East combined was a formidable foe but with my army it was only a matter of time before we started beating them back. Soon they would be pushed back from the South and into the East. The Southern demons have been steadily coming in to fight on what they saw to be the winning side. The more we won, the more we convinced the South that siding with us would be the wisest choice.

"Milord!" One of my generals walked in bowing lowly. "You need to see this." He said.

"I don't have time to waste on trivial matters" I glared at him looking down at the map on the desk in my camp.

"It's your mate's steed." He said gaining my interest. I quirked an eyebrow signaling for him to go on. "It's just him, she's not with him. Her people are worried because the beast has be restless trying to get to you."

"Very well." I said walking out of my tent. There was a large crowd of demons and a lot of commotion. It seems like they were trying to calm the deer but he wasn't having it. I approached the crowd making them part for me and placed a hand on the head of my mates steed. "What is wrong." It's head jerked back towards the North several times as it gave a distressed snort. "I see. Jiro, stay on this side of the boarder until I and my mate come back. Kirudimo, you and your men come with me."

"With pleasure Milord." She hissed grinning madly. Her and her peoples all gathered around. When they were ready I lead them to the North at a fast pace. I only wished that the deer demon could speak in a tongue I understood so I could know the details. All I knew currently was that my mate was in trouble, and it unsettled me.