Fixing Things

HELLO GUYS! YES I KNOW I KNOW. WHY DID I KILL HIKARU? WHY DIDNT SESSHOMARU BRING HIM BACK. WELL HE HAS ONLY EVER BROUGHT BACK TWO PEOPLE IN THE ANIME. HES NOT EXACTLY ROAMING THE CONTRY SIDE BRINGING PEOPLE BACK OUT OF THE GOODNESS OF HIS HEART. WHY? HE IS AN ASSHOLE! HE DOESN'T CARE, UNLESS IT'S RIN. IF IT WAS RIN CRYING OVER SOMEONE HE WOULD BRING THEM BACK. BUT HE DOES LIKE ALEX AS MUCH AS HE DOES RIN. HE'S JUST BARELY WARMING UP TO HER AS IT IS! ANYWAYS THEIRS A METHOD TO MY MADNESS GUYS TRUST IN ME!

SHIN POV

"This is usually sissy stuff but....here Hikaru. I didn't know you for long but I know you must have been great if Alex is upset that you're gone." I said placing flowers on the monkey demons grave. I walked back to Alex and watched the monkey's twin walk up to the grave. There was many people, demon and human alike who were all around us. They all felt saddened by the loss of the monkey demon. I felt happy as bad as that may seem that they were showing grief from his death. He mattered to them.

This place Alex has brought me too, it's something I've never dared to dream about. Such a thing was impossible and yet here I am. Humans and demons getting along living shoulder to shoulder with almost no problems. Alex placed her hands on my shoulders as if to comfort me but I knew it was herself that she was comforting. She didn't sob like some of the others, she didn't cry though she had tears in her eyes. She stood strong for her friends and city. She was the leader of her people being a Lady and all. It must be hard.

Once everyone had said what they wanted to and placed flowers on his grave they all went on with the day. Alex kept by the monkey's side. He clanged to me as he wept seeming broken. I felt bad for him. I knew what it was like to lose someone you felt you couldn't live without. My mother, even though she wasn't nice to me I never could imagine life without her.

"Please. Don't leave me alone Alex. I don't want to be alone." He sobbed into her shoulder. She patted his back and finally let the tears she kept in out now that it was just them. It hurt to see her so sad, if I could I would bring him back to life.

A deer demon approached with a koala demon on its back. It nuzzled into Alex and the koala crawled on to her shoulder. Soon they parted and we were traveling to the Western Palace or at least that what I was told. The whole time Alex and Koaru talked about past funny moments with Hikaru. A lot of the things I heard about had me laughing. Laughing, it was such a good feeling. When was the last time I laughed or felt safe for that matter?

ALEX POV

Poor Kaoru was now chattering nervously about his brother and the past, which so happened to be filled with his brother also. Those two were thicker than thieves, like two peas in a pod. They have been together for hundreds of years. I can't begin to comprehend his lose. I'm going to miss Hikaru so much.

The only bright side to this is that at least only one person die. The troops are all in the south now headed by Sesshomaru's generals. Now were are most definitely the largest force in Japan. If we would have done it Sesshomaru's way there could have been countless of casualties. That means more people to feel our pain. Doesn't make me feel better or change anything but that's life for you. It kind of was a wakeup call for me. Demons, no matter how long they live, die. Sure I've seen them die before but none hit this close to home. It's different when it's your life that's being thrown for a loop.

Kaoru is following me to the Western Palace. He doesn't wanna be alone and I can understand that. Little Shin is riding on Prince and Chie has taken up to being on his shoulder. Once at the palace I told Prince he could either go to the forest or the stables because I don't know when I'll be leaving again. He picked the forest and Chie decided she'll hang out in the trees in the garden as usual. Shin and Koaru was following me around like lost dogs.