The New Threat

I landed in front of Inukimi not even caring to stop and go past the gates like I usually did. What was the point they knew who I was? I bowed lightly to her and gave her a weak smile. "Good afternoon mom." I greeted.

"Indeed it is. Where is my son?"

"What? Oh he's out roaming the South lands."

"He seemed to have vanished last night. Normally I wouldn't particularly care but he seemed to just disappear in thin air."

"Are you sure? He left with me last night." I said desperately trying to cover up the real reason why he just vanished off all the demons radars.

"Hmmm. We'll when you see him again tell him that he needs to come back and prepare for war. We've got some disturbing news from Sora."

"What is happening?"

"The witches, enchanters and even spiritual beings are all going to the East. Sora said that they are all assembling under a person that is promising the eradication of all demons."

"What! Why!"

"Humans have a fear of things stronger them themselves. That fear makes them hate. It's no wonder if they found someone who's promising the extinction of demons they would all flock to them. It happens often but never in the scale that we are seeing now."

"This is bad, were going to be fighting two massive forces! I wasn't that worried about the North and East ganging up...but now there's magical and spiritual beining all gathering into a massive force dedicated to killing us all? Geez, it's like a Japanese Hitler.....Wait, there closer to the East. Wouldn't they cause them shit before getting to us? I mean, this could actually work in our favor." I sighed slouching over.

"That would be the case but it seems that whoever is leading them has a personal vendetta against my son and yourself. Anyways, you see how important it is for my son to be here now." She sighed getting up. "But enough of that, I would like to spend some quality time with my daughter in law. Come." She said. I shrugged and followed her still thinking over and processing everything she said in my head. I wanted to ask who would have a personal vendetta towards me. Then I remembered all the love letters I found in Sesshomaru's desk.

"Where are we going?" I asked as she led me down the castle.

"My personal living quarters." She said. We got to a hallway that was lined with plants and fancy vases. Everything looked so expensive, I barely wanted to breathe. There was two guards at the door and when we approached they opened the door up. I walked in and gasped. The room had pillows everywhere and huge bed with a curtain around it. A privacy screen, a vanity dresser. There was mirrors on the walls and paintings of scenery from all different sorts of places.

"Wow..."

"My mate made sure I was comfortable." She said simply.

"Yeah....he did." I agreed. She opened up another door that lead to a bathing room. It had a huge tub and it looked like it was pretty deep too. Inukimi started to undress herself and so did I. I folded my kimono the best I could and laid it next to hers. We got into the tub and sat down in the built in benches.

"When you become pregnant this room will be yours." She said putting up her hair in a bun.

"What? I couldn't possible take this room from you! It's your room! I'm perfectly fine with my room but your generosity is very much appreciated." I said refusing politely.

"No, my room is connected a tunnel that leads to a den. I made the den myself so I know it is sufficient for your use. It's got enough room for you and your pup to rest comfortably and even allow Sesshomaru room." She insisted.