Issues

We began to walk again. It was still night but it wasn't dark enough to make it where I couldn't see him. Jaken could feel the tension because he didn't greet me when Prince, Chie and I came walking up. I didn't walk beside Sesshomaru, I was too scared to. The last thing his said finally click in my head. He was going to use raping me as a threat if I didn't obey him. I felt my eyesight blur again as I began to cry once more. I held Chie to my chest like a teddy bear would and she let me.

'Surely he wouldn't. He's a proud demon lord. He's bluffing right? Right?' I went over what just happened over and over in my head. I got up onto Prince feeling like he could move faster than me in the forest. Did I still wanna give him a piece of my mind? Oh hell yes! Was I going to do it? Not anytime soon.

Soon the palace came into view and I had Prince go full throttle to the palace. 'Maybe his mother can do something or tell me something. I need advice here, and someone to speak with.' I handed Prince and Chie over to servants and told them to make sure they are cared for. I went immediately towards Lady Inukimi. She was in her garden on the bench under the tree. I stood there for a few seconds watching her. 'Can I trust her? She did refuse to help me and was sooo happy we mated.'

"Alex, was a pleasant surprise. Come sit." She said patting the bench besides her. Reluctantly I sat beside her and folded my arms in my lap. "There is something bothering you?" She stated more then asked.

"Yes." I said simply

"It has to do with my son." She once again stated.

"Yes."

"What did he do?"

"Beside threaten to rape me if I don't obey him? Oh you know the usual." I said sarcastically.

"And what did you say to bring him to that?" She sighed deeply. 'No, you're not going to take his side!'

"Told him what I thought of him." I said.

"Which was?"

"Pfff not enough!" I said but she looked at me and bid me to continue. "Oh, just a cold hearted selfish power hungry prejudice asshole!" I said recalling my exact words. She seemed taken back by that.

"Well then." She said then started to laugh.

"What?" I asked getting angry.

"Oh nothing it's just I can't believe your courage."

"More like pride and self-respect." I grumbled.

"That too. Don't you worry about it too much? He's going to threaten you and he'll even do things to make you think he will but my son's pride is too big."

"But Lady Inukimi, you weren't their!" I said wanting to cry thinking of it as I looked away. Her face soften and she lifted my chin so I would look at her. I didn't want to look into her eyes, they were too much like his.

"Listen here, this is a battle of dominance. If you give up and do things out of fear you'll never have a chance to be happy." She said then let go of my chin with a sigh. "You must have really been challenging him to go that far. Push past this and keep going. You'll be rewarded in the end."

"I just, don't want to deal with it. I wish I could be free from him. He's never going to be anything his father was from what I heard." I said sadly looking over the pond.

"Yes, he has quite the name to live up to. He tries so hard to out shine his father. He doesn't realize he's doing it in the wrong way." She admitted looking out to the pond longingly as she minting his father. 'Ever though he cheated on her, she still loves him. She's so strong.'