FINDING HIM

What do you mean he's gone?" I said.

"I'm sorry Milady but Lord Sesshomaru left a few days back." The servant said. Me and the boys looked everywhere for him. I wasn't picking him up 8n mu mate radar but better safe than sorry.

"I'm not even going to ask if he said where he was going. Knowing him he probably didn't even say." I spat out frustrated. I should have known he wouldn't have stayed here for long. I'm actually surprised he stayed put for as long as he did.

"I'm sorry Milady." The servant said bowing.

"No, you have nothing to apologize for. Thank you, you may go back to your duties."

"Yes Milady."

"Well, no what?" Koaru asked as soon as the servant was out of sight.

"Now we wait for night." I told him heading towards my room.

"Why? You can use your bond to find him." Shin asked me.

"Because the fireflies must know where he is or where he went. I don't feel like traveling ever where trying to pick him up on my mate radar. That could take forever."

"Do you really think they will know?" Shin asked doubtfully.

"If not then it looks like you two get to ride on me until we do find him."

"Yay! I mean...yay! The fireflies..." Shin cheered only to correct himself.

"Uhhhuh. Anyways, let's all get cleaned up." I said. I found Ari in halls luckily. That means I don't have to disturb a servant from their jobs to go find her.

"Hey Ari! Can you get us some clean clothes! Oh! Make us match again please! I want him to be my little mini me!"

"Of course Milady. How long are you staying?" Ari asked with a smile.

"Just until dusk. I'm going rabbit hunting." I told her suppressing a giggle.

"Rabbit hunting?" Ari said confused.

"You know if the rabbit was about six foot tall had white hair and was a dog demon that so happens to be my mate."

"Awe, I see then. You two go get cleaned up then. I shall have your clothes ready by the time you finish."

"Thank you Ari you're a doll." I beamed at her and lead Shin to my bath. After we were doe and dry we found a matching pare of shirts and pants. They were black with golden clouds on them. Once dressed we went to the gardens.

"Chie baby! Do you want to go on an adventure with us? You missed out on a fight on the last one." I called up to my koala friend in the tree. I briefly wondered if she ever left that tree when she was here. She groaned but fell from the tree and landed in the hood of my cloak. "I'll take this as a yes!" She groaned again and rested her head on my shoulders.

As soon as dusk came we all headed out towards the woods and waited. "Hey guys what's the buzz today?" I called out to them.

"Huh?" One asked as they drifted towards us. Several instantly began playing with Shin.

"Never mind, look. Do you happen to know where my mate went?"

"Oh yeah! He left a few days ago. He went towards the south!" One spook up.

"Thank you! You guys are awesome!" I said instantly happy to know that I didn't have to become a living Sesshomaru detector and run around.

"Does this mean that were not going to be riding you?" Shin asked sticking out his lower lip slightly.