Totosai

"Soo......we flying over the lava then?" Kaoru asked as I stood just at the edge of the beginning of this lava lake. We stopped by the city of Peace and information the elders of what was happening. They both were reluctant to agree to give Sesshomaru the right to command the military but I had the power to override those commands. Shin went wild in the city. He ohhhed and awed over it and I eventually got him to go play with the other kids. They had all ran up to me excited to see me again. He was very shy at first but I assured him that no one would hurt him hear. He took my word for it and within an hour had made a few friends. It was so nice to see him playing with others.

We spent the night their so Shin could have more time to play. Kaoru and I visited his brother's grave too. We stood in silence and just gazed down on it. He walked away after a while and told me he wanted to be alone. I respect his wishes and watched Shin and the other children play.

We left in the afternoon the next day. Now here I am, judging the distance between us and a dark mass among the middle of the lake. 'Oh well, if I don't make it it won't be the end of the world.' I mentally shrugged. Sure my hands and feet will be burned really badly but it will heal....in time.

I turned away and to get a running start. Once I was a good distance away I ran like a bat out of hell and jumped. Once we drew closer to the dark mass I saw some weird skeleton with four eye socket hole. The earth itself was blackened and void of all vegetation.

Too bad this island was too small for me to be in my dog form and not destroy everything in my path and fall off it. So I did something I've never done before. I transformed in the air and with people on my back. The second I was back to my human self I grabbed Shin who had grabbed Chie and landed. Kaoru on the other hand wasn't so graceful in landing.

"Next time warn me!" He shot dusting himself off. "And why did he get the luxury of being caught?"

"Because he's a kid not a grown man!" I retorted stepping past him to the weird skeleton thing.

"Hello? Totosai? I'm looking for Totosai. I was wondering if he could fix my staff for me." I called out walking into the mouth of the skeleton. I could smell a demon in here that was alive. I could even hear his breathing. He was sitting down in a dark corner. I rolled my eyes and set Shin down before tapping on his shoulder.

"Ehh ahhhhh!" He yelled jumping up. He was really goofy looking it you asked me. He had big eyes with beady black pupils. His hair was grey and was pulled back into a short ponytail. Though most of his head was bald. His outfit was green with black stripes on it.

"Hello? Are you Totosai?" I asked him.

"Ehhh who are you and who's this Totosai?" He asked with a complete oblivious face. He sounded like an old man who had Alzheimer's but he had to be Totosai. After all who else would be living here?

"I think he might be off his rocker if you know what I'm saying." Kaoru said.

"Look, I just want my staff fixed." I said presenting my broken staff. He instantly took both parts and looked them over. I smiled smugly to myself.

"Ehh, who ever made this for you was an idiot." He said not looking to impressed with it. I frowned but kept my cool.

"What! How dare you say that about the Monkey staff?" Kaoru said in outrage. The monkey staff was the Calm Lands treasure and the Monkey and Ape clans' treasure. Of course he was offended by that comment.

"Monkey staff? Well what is a dog demon welding a monkey demons staff. She would never be able to truly wield it. It would be like giving a trident to a fire fiend. It just won't work well if at all."

"Yeah, I couldn't use its true abilities. I was starting to feel bad. So can you fix it?" I asked him hopefully.

"Fix it? No." He said flatly.