The Illness

I traveled around my lands going from Lord to Lord trying to convince the need of there help. Some argued that the world didn't need demons. It would be a better place. I argued about the demons who aren't evil, who actually help humans or keep to themselves. After that they would ponder it and eventually help me out. Though there was still a few stuborn one's who refused to help. I simply told then that I would remember that.

To say it was a stressful ordeal would be an understatement. The last Lord offered up his whole army to help me but he wanted into my pants in exchange. I was able to leave his lands without killing the pig. 'He had a pregnant wife too!' I steamed. I would stop and talk to traveling humans and demons alike. I was surprised to see that a few demons were going to the East to fight for them too. I ended up killing the demons I couldn't talk into staying.

The humans on the other hand began to be a little more hostile. Word on the street was that I had been secretly luring men to my bed then killing them. Other say I was the one behind the Souths attacks in the past and used it as9 a way to solidify my position as Lady. Then there was the theory that I was going to enslave the human race. All were untrue and some downright degrading! I never killed the humans not even if they outright attacked me. It wasn't fair to do so, they were weaker than me and my heart just couldn't do it.

It had been six days since I last see Sesshomaru and to be honest I was itching to go check up on him but was torn between him and my duties. By the fourth day I was telling myself, one more day but the next day I would say the same thing. 'I feel so bad! What if he needs something else or gets seriously injured?' I worried. I shook my head and frowned at myself. 'Business first! He's a grown ass man! He can take care of himself. I stopped in my ranting and sniffed the air around myself. 'It smells rancid. Like...like sickness but worse.' I followed the sent and found an old woman leaning against a tree hacking her lungs up.

"Are you okay?" I asked the woman keeping my distance as to not scare her.

"A demon? Here to eat an old woman like me?"

"No, I'm here because I can smell your sickness. Are you okay? Why aren't you resting at home?" I asked her.

"Because, I want to go see my son one more time before I get too old to make the travel." She wheezed and started having a coughing fit again.

"Would you like me to take you to him?"

"Why would I trust a demon?"

"Because, I'm only a demon on the outside but I have the soul of a human. I mean you no harm and you won't be able to make it on your own." I told her. 'She smells so bad, I can practically smell death on her.'

"Very well, what do I have to lose? His village is north of here." She said. I nodded and picked her up with care and took to the skies. She gasped looking down to the ground. I smiled to myself as I watched her face go from fear to awe.

"It's truly beautiful!" She gasped whipping a tear from her face.

"Yes, it is." I agreed admiring the view of the grass, flowers and leaves all dancing in the wind with the sun shining down on it all. I headed north with her until she spotted her village and told me to put her down. I landed in the forest at the edge nearest to the village and let her down.

"I hope you have a very good visit with your son." I said in bittersweet happiness.

"Thank you, I don't know how to repay you."

"You don't need to repay me. It was my pleasure." I said.

"Well, I guess this is goodbye." She said then starting to have another hacking fit.