Home Sweet Home

Dedicated to Nalla6061 and DarkGhostFire 

I woke up to Jacob petting my hair. The morning light filtered through his purple curtains. He smiled once he saw my eyes open. At first I was beyond confused on where I was but once it sunk in I felt like my heart was ripped out. "Hey sweety, you hungry?" He asked sweetly. I yawn and nodded my head holding strong. "Okay, I'll make waffles." He smiled getting out of bed.

The second he was gone I got up and made it to the bathroom. I shut the door and leaned on it as I let off a sob. I slide down the door holding my head as I cried. I felt empty and out of place. This world, I was born in it but I no longer belonged in it. I scrambled up to my feet and looked in the mirror leaning against the sink. I knocked some of Jacob's make-up and other products down in the sink but I didn't care at the moment.

I lifted my now brown hair away from my neck. I chocked a sob and smiled bitterly seeing Sesshomaru's mating mark still on my skin. 'It didn't go away....' I cried tracing the scar with my fingers. I still had something besides my memories from my time spent in the past. I heard a buzzing before my ring tone played. I sniffed and bent down fishing my phone from my pant pockets. The screen read Ms. Bollinger. I thought about not answering my phone. 'She's the one who gave me the necklace in the first place.' My eyes widen as I quickly clicked the answer button and brought it up to my ear.

"Ms. Bollinger! Why did you give me that necklace!" I blurted out.

"Hello Alex, I would like you to come in to work today. I have some papers for you to sign and some explaining to do."

"Wait. Why do I need to sign papers? Never mind that, the necklace! Ms. Bollinger, the story was real! Only, it wasn't because that enchantress you talked about didn't fail!" I rambled gripping the phone tightly.

"I know the story was real, come to the shop and all your questions will be answered." She said then hung up. I looked at the phone in disbelief and hope before all but tearing off the night dress. I quickly dressed in my clothes and did my morning business before running out of the bathroom and Jacobs room. I passed him fishing my keys out my pant pockets.

"Where are you going? I made waffles." He asked holding out the plate he was holding.

"Sorry, emergency with Ms. Bollinger. Have to go, love ya!" I yelled out opening his door and closing it behind me. I ran to my car and hopped in driving as fast as I could without being pulled over to the antique shop. I parked near the front doors and ran inside the building. "Ms. Bollinger!" I yelled scanning the shop.

"Calm down Alexandria, I'm in the back." She scolded. I speed walked to her voice to see her at her table with a small pile of papers and a pen. "Sit down Alex, we have much to discuss." She said gesturing to the chair on the opposite side of the table from her. I did as she said sitting at the edge of my seat as I looked at her.

"The necklace." I said eagerly.

"Yes, the story was real but before we get into that I want you to sign those papers." Ms. Bollinger said. I looked down and instantly picked up the pen and signed where she directed me to on the X's. I all but threw the pen back down on the table and looked up at her. "So impatient, guess I can't blame you." She sighed.

"I put on the necklace."

"I know otherwise you wouldn't be acting the way you are now."

"How do you know?"

"Please, promise me that you will let me explain everything before you speak." She asked me pleadingly which only made me more jittery.

"Yes, I promise!" I said wanting her to hurry up and tell me what she had to say to me.