Moving On.

"Absolutely not!" Jaken shouted. I told him what I wanted and he was fine with it until he realized it wasn't me who I wanted him to teach.

"Yeah! He's too old and grumpy!" Shin complained agreeing with him.

"Oh yeah, well you're a dim witted brat!" Jaken insulted him.

"And your and oversized frog!" Shin countered.

"Feather duster!" Jaken said getting more worked up

"Wart butt!" Shin spat sticking out his tongue.

"I think this is a start of a beautiful friendship." I smiled looking to Kaoru.

"I think you enjoy others misery!" He said.

"No I do not! This is for his own good!" I defend myself. Honestly! Me enjoys others misery......okay that might not be far from the truth. But only when I'm bored, or if they deserve it. Or if I don't like them.

"Does it have to be Jaken though?" Koaru whined as if he was the one having to deal with it.

"Yes." I told him firmly.

"Mom! Don't make me have to learn from him! His arrogance might rub off on me!" Shin whined to me. The second he called me mom a stupidly happy grin showed up on my face. It touched me that he called me mom.

"MOM! You're dumber than I thought if you think she's your mother! She is neither human nor is she hawk demon!" Jaken shouted ruining the moment.

"Hey! He can call me Mom if he wants! Any woman can birth a child but it takes a real woman to be a Mom. Shin, call me whatever you feel comfortable with." I snapped at Jaken.

"Okay, but you are going to be my mom right?" He looked to me with big hopeful eye.

"Of course silly! Now look here, you're going to get and education and you're going to be taught how to fight. You are not getting one without the other. Knowledge is power after all."

"Fine." He pouted.

"And you! You're the wisest demon I know. After all, Sesshomaru keep you around for your wisdom that says something. Now you're going to teach him to read and wright. Every day you do have a lesson with him you are to give me an update at the end of the day." I ordered.

"Yes, Milady." He said in a panic.

"Yes what?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Yes Alex!" He sputtered realizing his mistake.

"That's better. Now you can start tomorrow since today you two are already riled up. Koaru you can start your lessons tomorrow also." I turned to the depressed monkey and spoke with him softly. He nodded and I lead them down the hall to the kitchens. I was lost in my thoughts. I couldn't believe that he was gone. Never again would I hear him sing can you feel the love tonight or drool over sweet rolls.

"Good day Sesshomaru." I said seeing him down the hallway.

"Hn. What is that half breed doing here?" He said glaring down at Shin. Shin instantly latched to my side and held my hand. I gave him a comforting squeeze.

"Um living? I've kind of adopted him. And never, ever call him a half breed again." I told him. I said the last part nicely and with a smile but the message was sent loud and clear. 'Mess with him and I'll fucking claw your eyes out.'

"It's what he is." He said.

"So? It's a racial slur! You're supposed to be an example for your people! You're a Lord! Racial slurs are soooo beneath you. Or at least they should be." I ranted to him. He glared at me and I could feel Shin gripping the back of my shirt tightly. "Ugh....look he go I go. Simple as that. You don't have to even acknowledge him if you don't want to just. Don't say anything hurtful or glare evilly too much at him." I huffed and turned around to continue to lead Shin to the kitchens.