Chapter four

Bulletproof -La Roux
James' wolf
"What if I don't follow these rules?"I challenged.
"You will be punished,"Adam warned.
"I'm starving. Can I get something to eat?"I asked, my stomach growled.
"Yes, there's usually someone in the kitchen who can fit you up something,"Adam said. I walked out of the room and down the stairs. The staircase was so long it took me five minutes. In this "pack house", there's got to be like twenty floors and it stretches on for about a mile. It's going to take me forever to find the kitchen. I should have asked and taken the elevator. Then the smell hit me. It was the most glorious smell ever. Cookies! I followed the smell as fast as I could. Sure enough, it was a kitchen. F*** yeah! When I came in there was a guy about my age with dark brown hair and pale blue eyes backing cookies.
"Excuse me,"I said.
"Oh, sorry didn't see you there,"said the guy. "Are you new?"
"Umm, yeah I am new,"I replied. "I'm Alex."
"I'm James,"he said. "The cookies will be out any minute now. You want some?"
"Oh yes please,"I said, happily. "So, tell me about you."
"I like baking, swimming, nature and animals. Because you know I'm part of one." We laughed but then his eyebrows furrowed.
"Your not a werewolf,"he stated.
"No, but my mates here."
"Oh,"James said. "That hasn't happened in a thousand years. What about you, what do you like?"
"I love music, animals, reading and archery,"I said.
"To tell you the truth,"said James. "Even though I'm a werewolf and I'm supposed to hunt rabbits, squirrels and deer, I hate hunting and killing innocent animals."
"How about this,"I said. "When you have to change, I'll leave some meat for you somewhere secret."
"Really?"he asked. I nodded. "That would be great!"
The timer went off and the cookies were done. James set a batch of cookies on the table and sat down. So did I. We finished off thirty cookies in fifteen minutes. Told you I was hungry. I haven't eaten in days. We got up and James put the dishes in the sink.
"Who's your mate?"he asked, curiously.
"Adam,"I muttered.
"What! Adam?"he asked, surprised.
"Yeah,"I said, quietly.
"Adam's my brother,"James told me. "I'm sorry about him. He's a jerk. You deserve better. Your very pretty and kind and everything he isn't." James tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. He was much kinder then his brother. Better qualities. I can tell that they don't have a good relationship. I want to help but I don't want to come in between them. I felt bad, so I hugged him. He was shocked for a minute but then hugged me back. Sometimes that's what people need. I heard a growl and pulled out of the hug. Just in time to see a very angry Adam.