Chapter thirteen

Almost lover- A Fine Frenzy
Previously
"It's not his fault that he told me the truth about you,"I said, sadly. "I'm sorry Adam but I don't think I can be with someone like you."
-------------------------------------------
"Please don't," Adam begged, tears in his eyes. "I promise I've changed. I love you. I've been searching for you for a really long time and I can't afford to lose you. You mean so much to me."
"I'm really sorry,"I said almost a whisper, tears slipping down my cheeks. "I, Alex reject you, Adam as my mate."
The sight was unbearable. Adam was crushed. He crumpled to his knees. The tightness in my chest made it so I couldn't breath easily.
"Alex," Adam whimpered with so much sorrow. I just ran out of the room. My heart was breaking. Crashing to the ground and shattering into a million pieces. Then I bumped into someone. James. My heart broke a little more.
"Alex, what's wrong?" He asked with worry in his voice. "Adam isn't replying to me. What's going on?"
"I rejected him," I said with sorrow and guilt in my voice.
"No Alex, you didn't," he said, not believing me.
"Please watch out for him for me."
"Alex!" He shout at me as I ran away.
I got to the front door and looked for car keys. Then I saw the person I didn't want to bump into.
"Good job," Cole said, smiling. "Here, take these."
He handed me a pair of car keys. The car was a black Mustang. The only bad thing was, I don't know how to get home. I was asleep when I got here, so I have no idea. Also, I can't look it up on phone because my phone got smashed some how, cough Adam cough. When I turned the car on, the engine roared to life and I speed out of the pack territory as fast as I could. Tears streaming down my cheeks.

Adam's POV
She's gone. I will never see her again. Never be laying there when she wakes up. Never run through the sprinkler and spray her with the hose. Never hold her in my arms and kiss her soft sweet lips. Never see her eyes light up when she sees me.
Right now, I'm still in her room, smell her bed. I love her natural warm peaches and cream scent mixed with chocolate and vanilla shampoo and body wash.
I was deep in thought when the door opened to reveal an angry James.
"What did you do?!" Yelled James.
"What do you mean?" I asked sadly.
"She left not just you but me and the rest of the pack! What did you do to her?!" Shouted James.
"I didn't do anything!" I shouted back at him, my anger rising. "Father-"
"You always try to find excuses! You and your messed up ways of life. No wonder why she rejected you. Look at who you've become. A mistake of nature. When you become Alpha, you will make the pack collapse. You get everything that makes me happy and then you just through them away. You are no brother to me!" James stormed out.

A mistake of nature.

When you become Alpha, you will make the pack collapse.

These words kept repeating in my head until I believed them. I'm a monster. I'm not good enough to be Alex's mate. The only thing is that I don't accept Alex's rejection. I never will.
________________________
I know Adam is a little soft but I felt like he should just be that way. His heart is broken. Who do you like better: Adam, James, Declan or Carter? Please answer. I'm not really sure who I like the most, even though these are my characters. I just started watching Scream the MTV series. It's so good. Thanks for watching. I'll update hopefully in a few days.
♥️,
🐼🐱9