Chapter seven

Pic above is Alex's sleep wear.
Never Be Alone by Shawn Mendes
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
After eating diner, I headed up to my room and changed into a pair of black sweatpants and a green tank top (pic above). I brushed my teeth and hair. The bed looked so warm and cozy. Settling in, I pulled the covers up to my neck and was about to fall asleep when there was a knock at the door.
"Alex, can I speak to you?"asked Adam, through the door. I groaned. Really? I just got into bed and now he wants to talk. He's so aggravating.
"I guess,"I mumbled with a sigh and sat up. The door opened and Adam walked in.
"I'm sorry,"he started. "About all of that. Vic has done many disrespectful things that get on my nerves. I just cracked. When my parents leave me in charge, I usually let him off with warnings. But that was not ok. You are my mate and I care about you. It's hard to be an emotionless alpha when you're around me. Sometimes I can't control my wolf when I'm mad. We, wolves are very protective of our mates. My wolf isn't the easiest to keep down. He wanted to snap Vic's neck in half but that isn't the most civilized way to address the situation."
"Ok, I get it,"I said, wearily. It's so hard to be the soon to be alpha who is rich and has everything he wants."I have a boyfriend back home. I wonder how he is. He's never liked being away from me. You took me away from everything but you say you have it hard?" I think I hit a nerve. I don't care. He can expect me to be all forgiving after kidnapping me. His eyes went dangerously dark. He clinched his jaw.
"I've been trying to be a nice and loyal mate,"Adam said, harshly. "All you show me is disrespect. Here I was trying to apologize and you turn it around."
"Ha, nice and loyal,"I laughed, dryly. "You kidnapped me. You took me away from my family and friends. And you expect me to forgive you and be happy here. I never wanted to be here in the first place!" Adam let out a low growl. I can still see anger in his eyes but now I also can see sadness and regret. He left the room and slammed the door on the way out.

Adam's POV•
"We've made a horrible mistake,"I told my wolf.
'No, you have,'replied my wolf. 'I love Alex. I wasn't the one thinking kidnapping her would be a good idea, I told you not to. You didn't listen. You need to make up with her.'
"But she hates me now,"I said, sadly.
'She's your mate,'said Sin. 'She just needs time.'
I love the way she smells, a mix of vanilla and chocolate. She's the prettiest girl I've ever seen. I don't want to hurt her. I'm a jealous werewolf with anger issues. Jealous that she has a boyfriend that she loves. She should love me, not him. She will love me. I hope she'll love me soon. I can't stand it. I love her.