Chapter sixteen

Pic above Alex's outfit
I'm coming home- Skylar Grey
Alex's P.O.V
I can't wait to get home. We only have an hour left. Jacob lives only twenty minutes away from me and just transferred to my school. He's also a senior. His parents moved here because of a job. He plans to go back north after he graduates.
"It must be hard moving at the beginning of senior year," I said, sympathetically.
"Yeah," he said. "I guess, it is. At least I
know a pretty girl who could show me around." He looked over and smiled at me.
"Sure," I said, smiling back. "Eyes on the road."
He chuckled and I looked out the window. Tropical flowers and trees covered the grass beside the road. It feels good to be back in tropical Florida.
An hour later, we pulled up to my driveway. I'm nervcited. I'm nervous because my family and friends are going to ask a bunch of questions that I won't know how to answer. I'm excited to see them, though.
There was a police car parked at the side of the house.
"I'm nervous," I said, digging my nails into my palm. My wrist is still bruised but the bruise is fading. Jacob asked me about it and I told him that I fell and landed on it. He didn't believe but didn't say anything. My back is still purple and green. I just hope no one asks me about it.

I felt so gross not showering or changing in a day. A shower sounded great. I talked Jacob into letting me take a shower at his house before I went home. His sister, Delilah let me borrow her clothes. She's a year older than me but the clothes fit nicely. I put on a dark red tank and a pair of high waisted shorts. Delilah is so nice. She's taking classes at a community collage. That's smart because it's not as expensive as a university and she comes home every weekend. She gave me her number so we can hangout sometime. Being completely honest, I've always wanted a friend that's a girl. I met Jacob's parents, too. He insisted that we're just friends. His parents didn't believe him at first but they did after I explained what happened. That we met and found out that we go to the same school and how he drove me here. I found out that his family calls him Jake. It suits him.

So now, I'm at the front door of my house with Jake beside me. I noticed Declan's car in the driveway with my parents cars. I tried telling Jake that I'm fine if he wants to go but he says that would he rude and he doesn't mind. I hesitated to knock on the door.

"Do it," Said Jake, reasoning with me. "What's the worst that could happen?"
"Them blaming you for kidnapping me," I laughed. He chuckled and said: "Yeah right. Like I have stealth and the ability to kidnap someone. I'd get caught right away."
We laughed. Then I knocked. We waited for a second. My heart beat grew fast. This is my family. I shouldn't be nervous. Then the door opened, revealing a teary eyed mom. She gasped and engulf me in in a tight hug. She didn't let go for a full three minutes, tears streaming down both of our faces. I guess she noticed I was with someone, so she let go. I closed the door.
"I missed you so much," she said, in a hoarse voice. "Whose this?"
"This is Jacob," I said. "I'm new friend. He gave me a drive home. We go to the same school."
"Nice to meet you, Jacob," She said, smiling. "Thank for bring my little girl home."
"You're welcome, Mrs. Snow," He replied, respectfully.
"Oh please, call me Christy," She smiled at his gentlemanly charm. "I'm glad she's back safely. We were so worried."
"Christy, who's at the door?" Asked my father.
"Alex and her friend, Jacob," she said, softly. I heard to chairs scrap the floor and my dad and Declan came to the entree way as fast as they could. My dad hugged me tightly.
"We were all so worried about you," He said, softly. "Don't do that again."
He let go of me. I frowned.
"What? Get kidnapped?" I asked. "I can't help getting taken against my will."
I was only partly joking. It wasn't my fault.
"That's not what I meant," He said, seriously. "Try to be more careful."
"I will," I replied, sincerely.
Declan smiled at me and hugged me. I hugged back.
"I missed you so much," He whispered in my ear. We pulled apart for a second. I kissed him. He kissed me back. Then we heard someone clear their throat and a growl. We pulled apart.
"Oh, I almost forgot," I said, sheepishly. "Jacob, this is Declan, my boyfriend."
Jake glared at Declan but gave him a nod.
"Nice to meet you," Declan said, giving him a fake smile.
"Nice to meet you, too," Jake replied, through gritted teeth. Jake doesn't like any guys I'm close to. We'll, this is going to be fun.
"Carter's on his way," Said my mom. "I talked to him before you got here."
"Why?" I asked. "Is everything ok?"
"Well, today is the last day of your search," She said, her smile faltering.
"Wait, you guys were just going to give up?"
_________________________
Hey guys! How was that? Sorry for leaving it on a cliff hanger. School's almost back in session. I don't want to go back to school :( . Noooooo. You guys are awesome! If you have any questions or comments just put them in the comments or DM me. Thank you!
🐼🐱9