Chapter twenty five

Simon Nessman as Nathan (Alex's brother)
Sugar, We're Goin Down- Fallout Boy
Alex's POV
I took a shaky breath and went to where Delilah and Taylor were waiting.

"Hey Alex, I started to think you weren't coming," Delilah said, worried. "Everything ok? You look pale."

"Uh yeah, I just need to sit down for a minute," I replied and walked over to the bench.

"Hi, I'm Taylor," said the girl with long blue hair.

"Hi," I said with a smile. "I like your hair."

"Thanks, I've been wanting blue hair for over a year now but I couldn't get up the courage to dye it until a couple weeks ago."

"Cool," I said, excited. "I've been wanting to dye my hair red but I don't know if I should."

"Oh my god, yes. That would look so good on you," Taylor squealed, enthusiastically.

"Did you guys forget about me?" Pouted Delilah, jokingly.

We talked a little more and then went and got ice cream. Then it was time for me to get home, so I could be with Adam. I forgive him and I want him to hold me. The text I got from Cole is still haunting me.

"Adam, I'm home!" I shouted as I got home.

"Thank god," said Adam from the stairs. He stopped in front of me and wrapped his arms around me. "You can't ignore me ever again. It's hell when you do. I made up with Carter. I love you so much. You are my everything. My universe revolves around you."
I kissed him. He kissed back dominating the kiss as I sat in his lap. His tongue licked my lip asking for permission. I let his tongue slip into my mouth. Sparks exploded. I moaned into his lips. His tongue explored my mouth. In the heat of the kiss, I felt something poking me down there. I separated from the kiss, confused. Adam blushed. Oh my god, 'Adam Junior' is excited.

"Uh, I think I'm going to take a cold shower now," Adam said, kissing me on the nose. I got up off of him, so he could leave.

"Yeah, you should do that," I laughed. Adam ran up the stair to the guest bedroom's bathroom. I heard someone clear their throat.

"My eyes," Said Nathan, dramatically. "Scarred." I blushed.

"Don't be so dramatic," I said, rolling my eyes. "I see you making out with girl all the time. This is pay back. Anyway you'll have your mate to kiss all you want."

"I-I'm not s-sure I have a m-mate, Alex," Nathan said with a look of disappointment and sadness. "I should have found her by now."

"I'm sure you'll find her. It's just a matter of time. I believe in you."

"Thanks, Alex. You're the best sister ever. I swear if Adam hurts you, I'll rip him apart, limb by limb."

"You wouldn't and he isn't going to hurt me," I said, confidently.

_________________________

My parents and Nathan are letting Adam stay in our house until he wishes to leave. The only condition is that he can't sleep in my room and he has to stay in the guest bedroom. It's all the way down the hall from my room. My brother insists that he can keep me safe more than Adam. They fought awhile but Nathan won after my dad agreed with him.

I got to my room after dinner, feeling exhausted. My bed looked so comfy. I put on my soft fleece shorts and one of Adam's Guns N' Roses t-shirts he gave to me. It smells like him. I know it's bad but I sleep in my bra. After reading a chapter of the book I was reading on Wattpad, I decided to go to sleep. Before I turned out the lights, I heard a soft knock on the door. I knew it was Adam. I open the door and he walked into my room. Adam smiled and kissed me softly. We pulled away.

"You look so sexy in my shirt," He said, his breath tickling my ear. I blushed pink.

"I love this shirt," I replied, softly. "It smells like you. It smells like wood fires and coffee. I love the way you smell."

"I love the way you smell, too," Adam said, huskily. "You smell like fresh peaches and cream. The best smell ever."

I laugh at how weird we're being. I like that we can be weird together without being judged. It's late and I'm tired.

"Good night, babe," I said, sleepily.

"Good night, Sunshine," Adam responded. "I love you."

"I love you, too."

________________________
In the middle of the night, I woke up feeling something on me. It was heavy. I didn't want to open my eyes due to tiredness.

"Alex, I know you're awake," Said a deep, familiar voice. I know it's not Adam or Nathan. I opened my eyes to see Jake on top of me. I tried to scream but his hand covered my mouth. What the fuck is going on? My heart was pounding in my chest.

"I'm sorry for scaring you," Jake said, insincerely. "Cole did say he'd see you today and we're running really behind."

"First things first, I can let you're family and Adam hear you." Jake put a super sticky piece of duct tape over my mouth. "I also can't let you go." He flipped me over as I struggled and tied my hands behind my back and my feet together tightly. The ropes stung my bare skin. I tried screaming more but I couldn't. "Then, I have to leave this note. Hmm, I want it to look more realistic." Jake to out a sharp knife and slit my wrist with it. Not enough to do major damage but enough to hurt really bad and bleed a lot. I tried to scream, again. Jake grabbed my wrist and let the blood drip into the note. "There we go. Now I need to put you to sleep." I saw a shiny needle in his hand. I shook my head fast. I'm not afraid of needles but I don't want to go. I don't want to leave Adam. I might never see him again. The needle was injected into my arm. A minute after, my eyes started drooping and I faded into darkness.

________________________
Sorry for grammar or spelling mistakes. Hope you enjoyed this chapter.
🐼🐱9