Chapter nine

Safe and Sound- Taylor Swift

Alex's POV
After getting a shower, I put on a ying-yang crop top, dark blue skinny jeans, a blue hoodie and a pair of lace up high heel ankle boots. I felt bored so I decided to take a walk around the pack house. It's huge. The bad thing is, it's like a maze. I turned into a dead end. Oops. I think I'm not supposed to be here. The sign above the door said BETA. Uh oh, I'm at Cole's room. Then I heard foots steps. I'll get in more trouble if I go into Cole's room.
"What are you doing here?"asked the person. I looked up to see that I was face to face with Cole.
"Nothing,"I said bluntly. "I just got lost."
I turned to leave but his hand grabbed my shoulder and spun me around.
"Never turn you're back on me,"he growled.
"It's funny how you think I'll do everything you want,"I said with a dry laugh. "I may be a human but I don't take orders."
He slammed me into the wall behind me with his werewolf strength. I groaned in pain. Luckily my back's strong and didn't break.
"I would start listening to people if I were you. You could get hurt."
"Don't threaten me,"I hissed.
"You have a week to reject Adam or I'll kill you and your boyfriend,"said Cole, harshly.
"Adam's your friend. Why do you want me to reject him?"
"Most people see potential in you. I don't. You will make the pack weak."
"Without a luna the pack will be weak,"I said, defending myself.
"We can always find a replacement."
He grabbed my wrist before I left and dug his nails into my skin making me bleed. I whimpered in pain.
"Be a good girl and don't tell anyone or you will get hurt,"he said letting me go. I ran away sobbing. I need to get out of here. I'm in danger. I got to my room, clutching my bruised and bloody wrist. Sobbing into my pillow the door creaked open. Adam came into the room. I hide my wrist from him in hope he hadn't seen it.
"Sunshine, what's the matter?" He asked, concerned.
"Go away,"I said but it was muffled by the pillow.
"I'm not leaving until you tell me why you're so upset,"he said as he sat down on the bed beside me.
"It's nothing,"I said, quietly. He wrapped his arms around me. I feel safe with him but I don't know why. The mate bond shouldn't effect me. I'm a human. He looked down at me with worried eyes.
"Please tell me,"he pleaded.
"I can't,"I said, sadly. "I would if I could." He sighed.
"Do you trust me?"he asked.
"Of course I trust you,"I said, giving him a small smile. He smiled back, happily.
"When you're ready to tell me, please do,"Adam said.