Chapter twenty one

We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together Screamo Cover (originally by Taylor Swift
Recap
"If you haven't noticed already, I'm on a date with my boyfriend. I don't have time for this. I don't know what would happen if he found out about us."
"What do you mean?" Asked Declan from behind me.
"Ummm, nothing," I said, quickly.

Alex's POV
"I'm Alex's mate," Adam said, bluntly. "I'm guessing you're Declan."
"So, you been cheating on me, Alex?" Asked Declan with a hurt tone.
"No, I rejected him," I told Declan.
"We can make this work, right? Declan said, hopefully.
"I'm not sure," I replied truthfully.
Declan's phone began to ring. I wonder who's texting him at this time of night.
"One sec," he said, walking a little farther from us. I guess he forgot about my werewolf hearing. I listened closely.

(Declan's side of the conversation)
"Babe, I can't come over."
"You now I want to."
"Because Alex is back."
"I'll see you later, Jessica."

Tears threatened to fall as I look at Declan. How could he do this to me? I have loved him and stayed loyal to him, even though I have a mate and it to much to ask for him to do the same?

Adam looked at me and noticed my tears. He hugged me to him tightly, trying to calm me and himself calm. Declan came back, looking confused. Adam let go of me, but was still close.

"What's going on?" He asked.
"I think you know! How could you do that to me?! I thought you loved me!"I shouted at Declan.
"What's going on?" Asked Declan, walking to me. Adam growled.
"You are a fvcking cheater!"I cried. "I heard your conversation with Jessica."
"I'm so sorry. I thought you were dead until a couple of days ago."
"So you think that's a good excuse. Because you thought I was dead?" I asked, upset.
"I-I'm sorry," He stuttered, losing me even more.
"I'm sorry that you chose to loose me," I said, a tear slipping down my cheek.
"It's sad to think you lost me because of a whore."
Adam stood there shocked, that I would say that to Declan. Then his face lightened up, happily.
"Adam, lets go," I said, turning my back to Declan. As I started to leave the football field with Adam ahead of me, Declan grabbed my wrist, holding me back.
"Alex, we could make this work out," Declan pleased. "I love you."
"No, Declan," I said, holding my ground. "You need to let me leave."
I tried to pull out of his grasp, but he slammed my into his chest. His eyes turned black and his canines extended.
"No."
My heart began racing in my chest and my breath became heavy. His canines were just inches away from my neck. In a flash, he stumbled back, letting go of my wrist. Adam push him away from me, hard. Then he lunged forward at Declan. Tackling him to the ground, throwing punches. Declan tried with all his might to get Adam off of him. I stood there shock, but then I realized that if I don't get them away from each other, Declan would die. I strongly dislike Declan now but he doesn't deserve to die.
"Adam!" I yelled getting both of their attention. "He's not worth it."  Adam growled then got up and went over to me. He hugged me, sniffing my neck. Then he scooped me up bridal style and  carried me to his car and started driving to my house. Tears streamed down my face.
"Awe babe, I'm so sorry this happened," Adam finally said. "I love you so much."
"It's s-still dangerous," I sobbed. "Y-you being h-here."
"I will never let anyone hurt you ever again," Promised Adam, sorrowfully.
_________________________
Hey guys,
Sorry if I take breaks from writing. School has been stressful and tiring, lately. Thanks for reading. Hope you liked this chapter.
🐼🐱9