Chapter twenty eight

Miranda Kerr as Delilah
The song is supposed to be I Miss You by Blink-182. YouTube isn't working for some reason on my phone. Sorry.
Adam's POV
Alex has been gone for three months and it's killing me. I've been pretty depressed and distant since she disappeared. My new beta, Jason(my previous third in command or gamma) and my new third in command, Ryan are here now, so they can help me find Alex. That's the only thing on my mind. I need to find her. I don't know what Cole is doing or what his plan is. What ever it is, it isn't going to end well but I will not let him succeed.

Alex's family has been in full panic mode. They were worried before but not like this. Nathan has been helping with the search but other than that he's been getting drunk and staying in his room. He's only sober half the time. Christy's been crying almost all the time and has been taking a lot of time off work. I don't blame her, though. Her daughter has been kidnapped twice in the pass couple months. Robert(Alex's dad), has been depressed, cold and distant. His daughter could be anywhere and he couldn't do anything about it. Carter has been panicking, worrying and annoying the hell out of me by asking me about the search. But I know he's acting this way because he cares. I can see that this effects him dramatically. I'm not going to kill Cole painlessly. He's going to beg for death when I find him.

"Adam," Jason said, interrupting my thoughts. "I just got off the phone with a girl, who was with Alex the day before she disappeared. She claims to be Alex's best friend and she wants to help us find Alex. Can you meet with her today?"

"Fine," I said, sharply. "We can use all the help we can get. Anyone who can help us get closer to finding Alex, is welcome to help with the search group."

"Ok, she'll be here in a few hours."

"Ok, send her in when she gets here," I replied.

Nathan's POV(sober)
A few hours later...
I smelled something really good. It smelled like dark chocolate and cinnamon. I was intoxicated by the delicious smell. It was very distracting as it got closer.

I looked down at the map in front of me again. I decided to go to the pack house to help with Alex's search with Adam and Carter. I need to find Alex. I'm not really sure who Cole is or why he kidnapped Alex. Alex has always been a good little sister. We used to be closer and I'm sorry we aren't like that anymore. We didn't see each other much after I started working as a tracker for the alpha. It's my fault. All this is my fault. I should have been sober the night that she was kidnapped. I could have saved her from this. Alex doesn't deserve this. She's nice, sarcastic, generous, caring, etc.

The scent was getting stronger by the second and my wolf was driving me crazy. I suddenly heard a knock at my office door. I answered it to see a beautiful girl in front of me. The girl had on thick, smudged eyeliner on showing that she had been crying and her chocolate brown hair was messy and looked like she hasn't brushed it. Even with her "I don't care about the way I look right now, I'm upset" appearance, she still looked stunning.
"Mate," I growled. That's why my wolf, Isaac was so wound up.
"Mate," the girl said, softly. I was happy for the first time in three weeks. The feeling of guilt lingered. I shouldn't be happy while Alex is gone but I can't help it. I thought I didn't have a mate. I crushed the girl into my arms. She squealed but hugged me back after a few seconds. After what seemed like forever, I let go of the girl. She blush, cutely.
"I'm Nathan, one of the alpha's trackers," I introduced myself.
"I'm Delilah, Alex's best friend," Said Delilah, her smile wavering when she said Alex.
"Alex is my sister," I told her. "We're going to find her. Everything will be ok. I'm guessing that you are looking for Adam. I'll take you to him."
"Thank you. I really do hope we'll find her soon. I don't want to lose my best friend. It must be really hard for you to stay strong through this."
I gave her a small smile and led her down the hall toward Adam's new office.
"Adam, this is Delilah. She's a friend of Alex," I said, as Adam looked up from his computer.
"Thank you," Adam replied, flatly. "I thought Jason was supposed to bring her here."

"Well, she got lost," I answered. "Can I stay here while you two talk? She is my mate after all."

"Congrats," replied Adam with as much enthusiasm as he could muster but it wasn't much. I didn't blame him. Every time someone talked about mates, he would get quiet. "Yeah, you can stay. So Delilah, how do you know Alex?"

"My brother, Jacob introduced me to her," she said. "Jacob and Alex were friends but I hadn't seen him for a few days after her disappearance. When he came home, he didn't speak to anyone and locked himself in his room. I'm worried about him."

"Bring him in tomorrow for questioning," Adam said, distantly. "Tell him that the alpha wants to talk to him."

"Do you really think my brother has any information about Alex's disappearance?" Asked Delilah, defensively.

"We have to take action fast," Adam said, seriously. "If we don't start questioning people, Alex will probably die. I'm not taking any chances."

❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿
Sorry that not a lot happened in this chapter. I wanted Nathan to find his mate so yeah. Hope you guys liked this chapter. Let me know what you think. Also, I'm sorry if my updates are slow. Sometimes I get writers block and also I have school. Thanks for reading.
🐼🐱9