Chapter thirty four

Remembering Sunday -All Time Low
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
In Early December...
Snow has covered the ground in fluffy sheets and fireplaces are blazing. Benji is super excited for Christmas. It's his favorite holiday. Adam has been spending a lot of his time with us lately which is nice because he's been busy lately. It's been a while since Benji's dream. It should be nothing, right? Once you're dead, you're dead. Unless...No. That's not possible. I can't help to worry.

I was cuddled up with Adam and Benji in front of the fireplace. Benji was naming all the things he wanted for Christmas and it was a lot. At least we have a lot of money. I smiled as Benji finished.
"Anything you want, Baby," I cooed. Everyone has noticed how overprotective I've gotten over Benji since the dream. I want him to have a happy childhood. "We can go play in the snow later."

"Ok, Mommy."

"Lets sleep now," I murmured, tiredly. I hadn't been getting much sleep lately. My family could be in danger. I wouldn't be able to live with myself, if Benji and Adam got hurt. They are my life.

Later, everyone woke up and it was 2:00pm so we decided to hit the snow.

"Benji, you need your jacket," I told Benji. Of course, he was being stubborn and wouldn't wear it.

"But mommy, I don't want to," he wined, tears streaming down his face.

"If you put on your jacket, you can go outside and play in the snow and tonight you can have a piece of cake," l bribed him. He stopped crying but still refused.

"Adam, can you help me get Benji jacket on?" I called to Adam. "He won't let me put it on him."

"Sure, babe," Replied Adam from the living room. "You can head outside if you want to. I know how much you love snow." I smiled and walked outside. The snow crunched softly under my shoes. The freezing air stung my nose and flakes of snow fell in my hair. This is my favorite thing about winter. I know some people hate it but I love it.

I suddenly got a bad feeling in my stomach and it wouldn't go away. I just brushed it off for now. I felt tiny arms around my legs. Looking down, I saw Benji hugging my legs. He had his blue puffy jacket on and his tears were gone thankfully.

"Alex, I'm going to go find out camera so we can get good pictures," Said Adam, stepping out of the house.

"Ok, love you," I said, smiling at him. He's the man of my dreams. My one and only. I'm finally happy.

I watched as Benji played in the snow and ran around. It was taking Adam long and I started worrying. What if somethings wrong?

I looked at Benji who was standing as still as a statue, his eyes wide. I worried me since just a minute ago he was running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. Then I noticed that he was looking behind me and I felt a presence behind me. I screamed before a gloved hand covered my mouth and a gun go to the side of my head. I tried to struggle from the man's grip but they didn't budge. Just then Adam ran out the door and Delilah got Benji who started crying.

"Miss me?" Asked the man from behind me. Cole. Of course, he had to ruin everything.

"Let go of Alex!" Shouted Adam, panicked. "She did nothing to you!"

"Hmm, I'm sorry but I can't do that," he replied, coldly. "I'm here to do what I was going to do in the first place. If you come any closer, you'll lose her faster, Adam."

"Stop it, Cole," Adam growled, his wolf trying to break out. "You don't want to do this."

"Hmmm. But I do," Cole laughed, humorlessly. "Even before you met Alex, I knew I wanted to get rid of you and your mate. I knew that meeting your mate would turn you weak. Who wants a weak alpha? No one. So that's why I'm doing this. Funny, I'm going to kill her right as your little family is happy." Cole put more pressure on the trigger. Tears streamed down my face as the gun push harder against my head. But before Cole could pull the trigger, he fell backwards to the ground. Everything happened in slow motion. The shot of a gun went of from the side of us and I fell pain exploded from my side as I fell into the snow. In a half second, Adam was by my side.

"Alex! Alex! Please don't leave me! Hold on, Alex," Adam cried to me. He was really crying. Black spot danced in my vision. Then darkness surrounded me.

Adam's POV

Alex went limp in my arms. My heart broke for her. She was still alive but her breathing was getting uneven. Pulling myself together, I picked her up in my arms and hurried her into the pack house and to the hospital room.

"You need to help Alex," I rushed out to the pack doctor.

"O-of course, Adam," Taylor replied, quickly.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Hey guys, I'm so sorry for not updating sooner. It's been so long since last time. I've been under a lot of stress lately and my depression has been really bad in the past few weeks. Please forgive me for not writing for a while. The book is almost done and I've loved writing this short book. I'll probably try to update again in a week or so.
🐼🐱9