13-⊱𝔽𝕦𝕟𝕖𝕣𝕒𝕝⊰

📌- ̥۪͙۪˚┊❛ 𝕷𝖔𝖓𝖉𝖔𝖓❜┊˚ ̥۪͙۪◌

A cathedral, packed with mourners. A choir is singing. Steve is one of six pallbearers carrying a coffin draped with the Union Jack.Y/N and Sam who was sitting along her heart breaks looking at Steve. His eyes are red--he's been crying. At the altar, a candle burns by a framed photograph of Peggy Carter in a military uniform. The label reads "Margaret 'Peggy' Carter". The priest addresses the mourners.

 "And now, I would like to invite Sharon Carter to come up and say a few words."

Steve sits in between Y/N and Sam in a pew at the front. Y/N keeps her hand on his thigh sending yellow wisps which relaxes him a bit and keeps his hand on her Steve is looking down and doesn't see Sharon walk up. Sam is watching and nudges Steve. He looks up to see Sharon, who glances at Steve and takes a breath.

"Margaret Carter was known to most as a founder of SHIELD . . . but I just knew her as Aunt Peggy."

Steve realizes who exactly Sharon is, and takes a surprised breath. He tightens his hold on Y/N's and glances at her who nods knowing what he was thinking they look back at her.

"She had a photograph in her office. Aunt Peggy standing next to JFK. As a kid, that was pretty cool. But it was a lot to live up to. Which is why I never told anyone we were related."She looks directly at Steve and Y/N seeing their hands holding together and takes a deep breath again."I asked her once how she managed to master diplomacy and espionage in a time when no one wanted to see a woman succeed at either. And she said compromise where you can. But where you can't, don't. Even if everyone is telling you that something wrong is something right. Even if the whole world is telling you to move . . . it is your duty to plant yourself like a tree, look them in they eye and say " No, you move."

≻ ───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

Later, Steve stands alone in the isle, still dressed in black.Y/N standing beside him. She knew how the words had an impact on him as well as on her listening about Peggy but the biggest shock was Sharon Carter whom Steve referred to as a nurse neighbor was her niece.

"You okay?" she whispers to him who shakes his head down a tear slipping away.

"When I came out of the ice, I thought everyone I had known was gone. Then I found out that she was alive. I was just lucky to have her."

Y/N slowly approaches and embraces him which Steve also gives in return "She had you back, too."He only nods she could feel again his heart which was beating fast slowly coming back to normal and tightening the hug.Y/N could feel her hair getting with his tears and slowly rubs his back." I wish I could have met her." she mutters to him

"She would be happy meeting someone like you." he whispers to her"The powers which you have" Y/N chuckles at that. They stood there until someone cleared their throat Natasha who was standing there her hands in front of her.